Shameful act of making sarcastic comments - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
What drives an american to make a shameful sarcastic comment as if its a normal conversation? I have been noticing this for awhile now in many work cultures in the US. Its pitiful, and its intention to cast mockery on someone or a group. At the very least, its lying, being dishonest.

Why is it part of the American Culture now to make stupid sarcastic comments? Do you even know what the word 'sarcasm' mean? Its Greek derived, meaning "to eat one's own flesh'.

Is it because when you're void of any culture heritage, you end up with this result?

Discuss.
We just have a shitty attitude, Russkie. We're basically just the French, with no culture. You'd be pissed too. Our chief source of entertainment is to find that hidden button you've spent your entire life trying to hide, and then pushing it without mercy until you scream.
Russkie wrote:What drives an american to make a shameful sarcastic comment as if its a normal conversation? - Its pitiful, and its intention to cast mockery on someone or a group. At the very least, its lying, being dishonest.

It's called "a sense of humor" but it's not available in stores so, you're probably just shit out of luck ... generally speaking sarcasm is aimed at the inconsistencies presented by groups or individuals concealing their true intents and motivations. Dishonest ? that's absurd ... what exactly is it that YOU are hiding that creates enough fear that you would say such a thing? Sarcasm is a tool to expose inconsistency without attacking it physically and exposes as much about the wielder as it does about the subject. It doesn't get much more honest than that ...

Now SATIRE ... there are the REAL criminals !

Zam
I think it's better to engage with other workers and exchange banters with your peers during a coffee break, if your English is good enough. Otherwise people may assume that you hate America and its culture because you're from Russia. This is a prime example of good humour in America, by which Trump can get enough support to win the nomination despite his problematic political views.

[youtube]pLrRQH6XORM[/youtube]
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 19 Feb 2016 20:32, edited 2 times in total.
Russkie wrote:My Boss told me in front of everyone before "I know that you hate me", because Im a quiet worker who does his job and prefers not to be bothered by social gossip at work.
Just answer, "if I'd hate you, you'd already be dead" in a heavy Russian accent.

You must fight fire with fire, so outsnark them: PoFo is the perfect training ground for that.
You have an American boss in Kaliningrad, Russia. Wow, that's weird.
Conscript wrote:Because there's a tragedy and hardship to american life you compensate for with negative humor and a shitty attitude. It gets better as you go out west where it's more sparsely populated.

That is... not a bad answer. I think it has to do with reddit culture and young people in particular realizing that the old are exploiting them and as I saw one college student shirt say semi-recently, "Nobody gives a fuck." America is an oligarchy and everyone knows it and milenials are taking out their sorrow with wine while the boomers look the other way while they're being exploited so they can enjoy their golden years while the world goes to shit around them.
Russkie wrote:sarcasm is considered the most tasteless and pathetic act one can do in orthodoxy.
I am sure if a study was done it would link lack of sarcasm with stupidity, so there is no wonder the ortyhodoxy doesn't like it.

@FiveofSwords In previous posts, you have sai[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]