Israel Report Released Ahead of UN - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Godstud
Maas wrote:You need to proof to me that the anti-tank crew was there.
So far you're only copying the word of the IDF, the same group who denied they used it in the first place. They lost all credability.
None of the photo's published where the IDF used WP, was some Hamas armed group to be seen.... so. No evidence.

Did you catch that, Sebby? I think Maas makes a good point, although one I am sure you won't agree with.
By sebbysteiny
Godstud

Did you catch that, Sebby? I think Maas makes a good point, although one I am sure you won't agree with.

I believe I answered her point. But if you want a better answer, I'll try this.

It it your honest suggestion that any soldier who shoots at enemy formations, kills a civilian (and maybe a few enemy soldiers) deserves to be locked up and thrown into prison for very serious war crimes simply because the enemy soldiers left the battlefield (taking their dead with them, if any) without leaving clear, undisputable proof that they were ever actually there?

If so, then you would be condemning almost every soldier that has ever fought a real war to prison for their entire lives.

The burden of proof is that the soldier is innocent until proven guilty, ie that the accusors must prove the enemy were not there, not that the accused must prove they were. Otherwise, every soldier on earth would be very vulnerable to lawfare simply because the enemy was not so kind as to hang around on the battlefield long enough for their picture to be taken by some NGO weeks later.

The only people who would consider making this assumption that it is the soldier that needs to prove the enemy was there and not that the accusers must prove they were not there are pacifists, since this assumption would make it impossible to fight a war without virtually every soldier being found guilty of war crimes.

Finally, there are two solid bits of evidence: 1) the testomony of Israel, drawn from the soldiers themselves, who were all eye witnesses; 2) the fact that an Israeli tank got damaged prior to the skirmish. There is no evidence as far as I'm aware suggesting they were not there, not even eye witness testomony by Palestinians gathered by any NGO.

@FiveofSwords In previous posts, you have sai[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]