More Endless Back and Forth About Israel and Palestine - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Wow, I can't believe you insist on pushing for this and pretending that he did not establish the context clearly at the beginning of the letter: The fighting that took place between both communities as a result of the Palestinian rejection of UNGA resolution 181. It's amazing, really, he wasn't talking about Irgun attacks against Jews, he wasn't talking about the British fighting the Jews of the Mandate, he wasn't talking about sharks riding unicorns killing Jews from Mandatory Palestine using laser beams to do so or any other causes for that matter.
wat0n wrote:I can't believe you insist on pushing for this and pretending that he did not establish the context clearly at the beginning of the letter
It's amazing, really, he wasn't talking about Irgun attacks against Jews, he wasn't talking about the British fighting the Jews of the Mandate, he wasn't talking about sharks riding unicorns killing Jews from Mandatory Palestine using laser beams to do so or anything else.

I think it's time to put a lid on it and save you from this desperation you have entangled yourself into by misquoting people and events because the amusement can only last for so long, now, from November 1947 and until the end of March and before the Arabs intervened, 2000 people had died indeed, but from both sides.

wiki-History of the Conflict wrote:As the British evacuation from the region progressed, the violence became more prevalent. Murders, reprisals, and counter-reprisals came fast on each other's heels, resulting in dozens of victims killed on both sides in the process. The Deir Yassin massacre took place on April 9, 1948, when around 120 fighters from the Irgun Zevai Leumi and the Israeli Stern Gang Zionist paramilitary groups attacked Deir Yassin near Jerusalem, a Palestinian Arab village of roughly 600 people. The sanguinary impasse persisted as no force intervened to put a stop to the escalating cycles of violence. During the first two months of the war, about 1,000 people were killed and 2,000 injured.[42] By the end of March, the figure had risen to 2,000 dead and 4,000 wounded.[43]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Israeli–Palestinian_conflict#1947-1948_war:_Yishuv_Vs_Palestinian_Arabs_and_volunteers

Are you saying that the 2000 dead from both sides were 2000 dead from the Jewish side? That'a a new one even for you and Morris. Just goes to show what kind of bullshit people like you and Morris are capable of. Of course that is to be expected from a propagandist who clearly states that ethnic-cleansing the Palestinians was completely justified:

Benny Morris wrote:They perpetrated ethnic cleansing.

"There are circumstances in history that justify ethnic cleansing.

The term `to cleanse' is terrible.
"I know it doesn't sound nice but that's the term they used at the time. I adopted it from all the 1948 documents in which I am immersed."

And that circumstances may be created where ethnic-cleansing the existing Palestinians in both Israel and the OPT can be made possible and justified:

"But I am not a statesman. I do not put myself in his place. But as an historian, I assert that a mistake was made here. Yes. The non-completion of the transfer was a mistake."

And today? Do you advocate a transfer today?

"If you are asking me whether I support the transfer and expulsion of the Arabs from the West Bank, Gaza and perhaps even from Galilee and the Triangle, I say not at this moment. I am not willing to be a partner to that act. In the present circumstances it is neither moral nor realistic. The world would not allow it, the Arab world would not allow it, it would destroy the Jewish society from within. But I am ready to tell you that in other circumstances, apocalyptic ones, which are liable to be realized in five or ten years, I can see expulsions. If we find ourselves with atomic weapons around us, or if there is a general Arab attack on us and a situation of warfare on the front with Arabs in the rear shooting at convoys on their way to the front, acts of expulsion will be entirely reasonable. They may even be essential."

Including the expulsion of Israeli Arabs?

"The Israeli Arabs are a time bomb. Their slide into complete Palestinization has made them an emissary of the enemy that is among us. They are a potential fifth column. In both demographic and security terms they are liable to undermine the state. So that if Israel again finds itself in a situation of existential threat, as in 1948, it may be forced to act as it did then.
If we are attacked by Egypt (after an Islamist revolution in Cairo) and by Syria, and chemical and biological missiles slam into our cities, and at the same time Israeli Palestinians attack us from behind, I can see an expulsion situation. It could happen. If the threat to Israel is existential, expulsion will be justified."

What is your excuse wat0n?

And lastly pugsville asked you a simple question. Why does Morris consider the invasion of Jerusalem by Jordan as an invasion to Israel? When Jerusalem was not Israeli according to the plan which the Israelis allegedly honoured?
Israel has now rejected a French-hosted international peace conference. Saying the Paris summit 'would distance the Palestinians from the negotiations table' which is absurd, it would be a negotiating table.

And the exclamation about the PA having pre-conditions is beyond hypocritical.

Bibi can pick up the phone any day of the week and talk to Abu Mazen, and he chooses not to. Bibi has a long list of preconditions of his own to peace. 1.) an un-divided Jerusalem (i.e. Annexation) 2.) mutually agreed land swaps that negate the need to dismantle the Settlement blocks or give up important resources like the vast water aquifers under Israel's control, 3.) an IDF presence in the Jordan Valley for at least ten years, 4.) No right of return for expelled Arabs and 5.) the recognition of Israel as a Jewish State... and the list goes on! He's unwilling to budge on ANY of these 'preconditions'.
It should reject the French suggestion cause this is a mere colonialism.

You have to understand- the negotiation is on who many resources Israel will give. In return for nothing. This is the formula.

Arabs in the other hand don't suggest a thing. But friendlyness. Israel has to give land. Larger portion or smaller one. So there is nothing to "negotiate". There is no trade. The Arabs think its not enough? oh dear.. As if I believe the Arab 22 countries who organize the current terrorism and wars, whould become friends when I will become more voulnerable.. right..

All the Arabs are either Israeli citizens (who refuse to be added to the autonomic region = Palestianin authority), either in the autonomic region. Till 1993 they were citizens of Jordan. in 1993 Israel has given them autonomy and Jordan simply removed their Jordanian citizenship. Now they are in a problematic status.

And the further discussion is of the sizes of Jewish territories they will get in Samaria & Judea, what you call "west bank". And what is this "west bank"? - the region Jordan occupied in 1948, when it invaded and bited extra territories to extend itself. It shouldn't have been a part of Jordan in any case.

So all the Arabs are in a self autonomy, and still they should belong to an official state too. And no one wants them, but they immidiately exploit any power to attack Israe harder.. so recent years there started checkpoints and wars.. and a wall, that all didnt exist few years ago. And they refuse to accept their territory as it is now, they demand more, cause who wants to be as small as luxemburg? They want rightfuly more. All of what Jordan occupied. Why not? Well Israel is sooo small and the "WB" is simply around Jerusalem the capital of Israel, and is ripping Israel apart.. the idea of Israel to build a wall is in my idea a temporary delaying of dealing the reality- that it can't be split.

So what there is to talk about in France? Israel have suggested to give the Palestinian authority 90% of this land. They refused. Cause they have principles. But the reality have changed. They still mentaly live in 1947.. The reality have changed. There are half million Jews in Samaria and Judea. And 650,000 Arabs from the "WB" moved to proper Israel and got a citizenship through the years. So what now? To evacuate both? Or just the Jews?

Anyway they refuse to accept what they have. But since they don't have anything to offer to Israel.. the situation is slightly rediculous. Unless you count the enormous Arab league pressure to harm Israel as much as possible (Saudi lobby etc). Besides that, what is there to negotiate? They invested in such harsh incitement against Jews that they can't now accept what they have and make peace, the mob will kill the leader who does peace with Israel and give up "Arab land". So they and Israel are stuck. But hey, if they don't want it, and prefer to stay an autonomy.. what do I care? Its not that they will stop terrorism suddenly- I see their education system, its only get worse as they get more self rule, so nothing is developing toward peace. So if there are wars anyway..

I respect the hustle. But when it comes to FAFSA […]

'State of panic' as Putin realises he cannot wi[…]

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]