Israelis guilty of murder of 16 year old Palestinian. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Yedioth Aharonot wrote:Abu Khdeir murderers convicted, sentenced

Two minors found guilty of burning the Palestinian teenager alive; one was sentenced to life in prison, while the other to 21 years.

Yael Friedson

Published: 02.04.16, 13:36 / Israel News

The State Attorney and the Abu Khdeir family demanded they both be given life, but their attorneys claimed that they were influenced by the main perpetrator, Yosef Ben David. The court determined that Ben David committed the crime, but his conviction is pending a psychiatric evaluation.

When the sentencing was read out in court, Abu Khdeir's mother started shouting that "the court has failed."

Hussein Abu Khdeir, the murdered teenager's father, said the family intends to appeal the more lenient punishment given to the teenager who only got 21 years in prison.

"We don't accept the sentencing of one of the teenagers," the victim's father said. "We will go to the Supreme Court. We haven't slept since yesterday, waiting for the verdict. Where's the main perpetrator? What's going on with him? He's responsible for it."

He also said the family demanded the homes of the killers be demolished. "Less than this won't be enough. When a 14 year old murders a Jew, he's given life in prison, but if there's no apartheid and racism, he needs to both get life and have his home demolished," Hussein Abu Khdeir added.

The State Attorney said that "the verdict expresses the severity of the offenses the minors committed - the murder of an innocent teenager around their own age, whose life was cruelly cut short, and the attempted abduction of another child. The heinous murder was done of ideological motives. Abu Khdeir was murdered solely because he was an Arab."

"The punishment given to the defendants reflects the barbaric and horrifying act of the murder of a child over his race," said prosecutor Uri Korev.

The two minors were 14 when they burned Abu Khdeir alive, killing him, and have expressed remorse.

One of the teenagers is also accused with the attempted kidnapping of Moussa Zalum, seven years old at the time, from Beit Hanina, and the State Attorney has asked that an additional imprisonment sentence on top of the life sentence.

Two months ago, the court determined that the teenagers did commit the crimes attributed to them.

Let's see what happens to Ben-David now.
wat0n wrote:Let's see what happens to Ben-David now.

What will happen? Probably he will sit on jail much more than the Palestinians do. The Palestinians are usually never get their term before they are released due to some prisoner exchange. No one asks Jewish terrorists in these deals. There is a danger of false justice. Where is the justice when only the Jews are serving their terms?
Great!
Well I guess half of it is settled atleast, and I can feel happy that Red Skull's predictions are incorrect.
It seems like too many people online think that Israeli society would want a murderer of an innocent kid to walk around freely because reasons(Muh supremacist Judaism, Muh Palestine).

I kinda giggled sadly when they demanded the murderers houses to be demolished.
Jewish Terrorists rarely serve their sentences.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Un ... _and_trial

" Ben-Zion was released in 1989.[18] Shaul Nir, Menachem Livni and Uzi Sharbaf received life sentences (24 years),[1] while the others received terms of imprisonment ranging from 3 to 9 years. 20 members were released after less than 2 years, in September 1986.[1] The three life sentences were controversially commuted three times by then President Chaim Herzog, finally to 10 years and with time off for good behavior[21][21] they were released on December 27, 1990 and hailed as "heroes" by leaders of the Gush Emunim movement. "

Hagal Amir given a life sentence for his part of Rabin's assignation was related in 2012. (after 16 years)

Moshe Zar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshe_Zar
"In 1984 he was convicted of membership in the terrorist organization the "Jewish Underground" of the early 1980s, and sentenced to three years in prison for his part in the assassination of Palestinian mayors but only spent a few months in jail."

There si a long history of either non prosecution, short sentences, or pardons when it comes to Israelis murdering Palestinians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafr_Qasim_massacre
"Following public protests, eleven Border Police officers and soldiers involved in the massacre were charged with murder. On October 16, 1958, eight of them were found guilty and sentenced to prison terms. Malinki received 17 and Dahan 15 years imprisonment. The court placed great emphasis on the fundamental responsibility of Shadmi, though the latter was not a defendant. Shadmi was subsequently charged as well, but his separate court hearing (February 29, 1959) found him innocent of murder and only guilty of extending the curfew without authority. His symbolic punishment, a fine of 10 prutot, i.e. a grush (one Israeli cent), became a standard metaphor in Israeli polemic debate.[14] The fact that other local commanders realised they had to disobey Shadmi's order was cited by the court as one of the reasons for denying Dahan's claim that he had no choice. None of the officers served out the terms of their sentences.[15]

The court of appeal (April 3, 1959) reduced Malinki's sentence to 14 years and Dahan's to 10. The Chief of Staff further reduced them to 10 and 8 years, then the Israeli President Yitzhak Ben-Zvi pardoned many and reduced some sentences to 5 years each. Finally, the Committee for the Release of Prisoners ordered the remission of one third of the prison sentences, resulting in all the convicted persons being out of prison by November 1959.[16] Soon after his release, Malinki was promoted and put in charge of security for the top secret Negev Nuclear Research Center. In 1960, Dahan was placed in charge of "Arab Affairs" by the city of Ramla.[17]"

I note that Palestinian Authorities hardly have any sort of record for prosecution and effective punishment of Palestinian committing murder and terrorism against Israelis.
Ynet wrote: Abu Khdeir murderer sentenced to life plus 20 years in prison

Yosef Ben-David, convicted of the murder of a Palestinian teenager, also ordered to pay compensation to Abu Khdeir family, and to another Palestinian child he assaulted.

Yael Friedson

Published: 05.03.16, 18:41 / Israel News

Yosef Ben-David, who was convicted of the kidnapping and gruesome murder of Palestinian teenager Mohammed Abu Khdeir, was sentenced on Tuesday to life and an additional 20 years in prison.

The Jerusalem District Court also ordered Ben-David to pay NIS 150,000 in compensation to the Abu Khdeir family, and NIS 20,000 to Moussa Zaloum, a young boy from Beit Hanina also attacked by the defendant.

Shortly before his sentencing was announced, Ben-David apologized to the Abu Khdeir family for the first time, saying "Everything that happened was out of my control. It's not my character and not who I am. I apologize and ask for forgiveness."

Ben-David further noted that "in the past, I worked for ZAKA, I collected the remains of both Jews and Arabs. I've always sanctified human life and honored the dead."

Ben-David, 30, was convicted last month of the murder in July 2014 after a November court ruling found him responsible for his actions, but did not convict him because of a previous psychiatric assessment presented by his attorneys that questioned his sanity.

The prosecution initially sought an unusually harsh punishment of 60 years imprisonment: 12 for the kidnapping of Moussa Zaloum, 20 for the kidnapping of Mohammed Abu Khdeir, and three additional year for setting fire to vehicles.

Prosecutor Uri Korev from the Jerusalem District Attorney's Office stressed that unlike his two accomplices, Ben-David has not taken responsibility or expressed remorse for his actions.

"This is a man who dragged his relatives into committing a kidnapping and a murder of an innocent teenager. A man who committed incomprehensible and revolting acts. We didn't hear any remorse from the defendant. He committed these acts out of barbarous motives of revenge, and he's placing the responsibility for the acts on his accomplices, who are minors, and claims he is being falsely accused."

Abu Khdeir’s murder sparked a wave of terrorism in Jerusalem. Ben-David and two minors, who were both convicted for their role in the murder, abducted the 16-year-old teenager and killed him after the funeral of the three Jewish teens Gil-Ad Shaer, Naftali Frenkel and Eyal Yifrach who were kidnapped and murdered on June 12, 2014.

Justice has been served.

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]