Israel Report Released Ahead of UN - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Zionist Nationalist
I dont know whats your definition for genocide. During the ww2 allied ariforce bombed german cities and killed millions of gemran civilians, but all of this was the part of the war and bombing the cities was neccesary at that time, do you consider this as genocide?.
By Godstud
I suppose the Holocaust wasn't all that bad then... according to you. :eh:
By ThereBeDragons
No, I interpret it as collateral damage part of a total war, with the possible exception of a few unnecessary actions. Now, to you: was there anything wrong with what happened here, or did the Japanese commit no crime by demoralizing the Chinese in such a way?
By Zionist Nationalist
The Jews werent a part of a war and there wasnt any good reason to kill them the only reason was just blind hate so this was definetly a crime against humanity
By Zionist Nationalist
Capturing a City and than killing all of its citizens without any reason is a crime. But killing civilians during military actions to capture the city is not a crime.
By ThereBeDragons
Some of those citizens might have become partisans in the future, and indisputably there must have been ex-soldiers hiding out among the civilians, all of whom would have jumped at any opportunity to sabotage the Japanese war machine. And if it's not a crime against humanity or a war crime, what kind of crime is it?
By Godstud
I think because the crimes aren't against Israel, Zionist Nationalist really doesn't see them as crimes. Ethnocentrism at work again...
By Zionist Nationalist
The invasion of china by the japan by itself wasnt justified it the japanese target was to conquer new territories for their empire so the genocides they did there werent justified.
Their massacers in china often only incrased the partisan acticity instead of decrasing it.
By Godstud
Yes. Attacks against civilians only serve to bolster opposition and partisan activity. This has been proven time and time again, which beggars the question as to why Israel is blockading Gaza and causing the civilian population there so many hardships.
By ThereBeDragons
The invasion of china by the japan by itself wasnt justified it the japanese target was to conquer new territories for their empire so the genocides they did there werent justified.

Indeed, but even if Japan had been fighting a legitimate defensive war, or regardless of who the invaders and defenders were, the point is such an incident would be no less horrific.

Their massacers in china often only incrased the partisan acticity instead of decrasing it.

So it was bad strategy, but was it a crime, or wrong in any sense other than being a bad choice of military strategy?
By Maas
Capturing a City and than killing all of its citizens without any reason is a crime. But killing civilians during military actions to capture the city is not a crime.

that is... if you accept the official statement of the government that this was the intention.
to say that government always tell the truth about their intentions is just darn naive.
By kraychik
godstud wrote:

I disagree with Israeli checkpoints in Gaza and treating all Arab citizens in Gaza as potential combatants. They shouldn't even be IN Gaza

This quote officially disqualifies you from being able to participate in this forum, although it's hardly the first absurd post you've made. The fact that you're unaware of Israel's disengagement from Gaza... it's unforgivable for someone who want to portray himself as knowing a thing or two about the I/P conflict. I mean this in all seriousness.
By Godstud
When I said checkpoints I meant the ones all around Gaza that prevent them from going into Jerusalem(even if they happen to have family, etc. there) and such. The Israelis do venture into Gaza and set up observation posts and such at their whim. Just because their offensive is over doesn't mean their presence is gone. Your inability to realize this should disqualify you from participating in this thread, kraychik. I mean that in all seriousness.

CHECKPOINTS!!!
http://www.distantocean.com/2007/08/the ... ty-of.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01153.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/m ... ints/html/
By kraychik
Just for the sake of giving you the benefit of the doubt (which I'm not sincerely extending, I'm only positing it for the sake of others), let me ask you a simple question: does Israel currently maintain military checkpoints *within* Gaza?

EDIT: Would you please elaborate on Gazan checkpoint obstructing Palestinians in Gaza from going to Jerusalem? When were Gazan Palestinians ever able to easily travel to Jerusalem? Why are you singling out Jerusalem as a destination that is difficult for Palestinians to travel to? Israel, like any country, has a right to decide who can and cannot enter her borders. So... what's the problem?
By Godstud
WITHIN Gaza? I can't be any surer than you can but I am sure they operate observation points and utilize the houses of Palestinians for such operations.
Many of these people have requested passes to visit family and waited for years(without getting them) while Jewish settlers cross at will. Palestinians have no control over who ENTERS Palestine but they sure have no control over who can leave.

Israel is, literally, imprisoning 1.5 million people within Gaza.
http://www.ochaopt.org/documents/ocha_o ... nglish.pdf
By pugsville
"Israel, like any country, has a right to decide who can and cannot enter her borders. So... what's the problem?" that implies that Gaza is outside Israels border, then of what basis does israel blockade Gaza? Why are Israelis free to cross but palestinians arnt.
By danholo
WITHIN Gaza? I can't be any surer than you can but I am sure they operate observation points and utilize the houses of Palestinians for such operations.
Many of these people have requested passes to visit family and waited for years(without getting them) while Jewish settlers cross at will. Palestinians have no control over who ENTERS Palestine but they sure have no control over who can leave.

There are no Israelis in Gaza. Where is Palestine? You post fiction on this site and you live in a world of illusion. Just more proof of the consistently erroneous reality Israel's "critics" display.

that implies that Gaza is outside Israels border, then of what basis does israel blockade Gaza? Why are Israelis free to cross but palestinians arnt.

The fact that Gazans openly state they want Israel's destruction. That's reason enough. Next time think before asking such questions.
By Arthur2sheds_Jackson
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
Because:
It was a bad strategy and a crime.

And so needlessly killing civilians in Gaza will result in......................................?

You can join the dots ZN :hmm:

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wait, what ? South Korea defeated communists ? Wh[…]

@SpecialOlympian Stupid is as stupid does. If[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]

World War II Day by Day

So long as we have a civilization worth fighting […]