Boy (10) and his sister (6) killed in Israeli reprisal - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
skinster wrote:If you read your link you would see that the report stated 1) rockets were in a vacant school and 2) it was further noted that those weren't in fact rockets. Human shields in a place where there are no humans. Interesting.

Right. Because there is nowhere else for Hamas to store its weapons except in children's schools. The belief that Hamas is using schools and schoolchildren as anything other than human shields by storing its weapons there is either incredibly naive or just delusional. Furthermore, it has been reported that Hamas opened the gates to civilians at one of those three schools.

Regarding what was actually found:

The summary indicates that the items found were not rockets; the Board found that a 120 mm mortar tube, a mortar bipod and twenty 120 mm mortar-round containers, with ammunition, were discovered.

In other words, rockets. Things that are launched in the air and explode upon impact.

I'm not reading anything from wikipedia given zionist-editing on there. Try harder to find something where actual humans were used as human shields.

When you parrot zionist propaganda, yes, you are defending zionism, even if you're clueless to what you're doing. And I agree, things are never black and white and the concept of objectivity is bullshit that I don't subscribe to anyway, especially regarding Israel-Palestine, where there is a clear power imbalance of an ethnosupremacist settler-colonial state militarily occupying and imprisoning the natives.

Oh so you want an unbiased source but you don't believe that such a thing is possible anyway. Why don't you find me a square circle first, and then I'll believe that Hamas are nothing more than harmless cherubs.

Which war? There is no war. Israel is blockading and occupying the Gaza strip and has been since Gaza was turned into a massive refugee camp - which it still is - for all the Palestinians that were cleansed out of other parts of Palestine (in the 40s/50s) to make way for the state of Israel.

The war which immediately preceded the occupation.

Do you know anything about this issue or are you just aligning with the fascistic state because you're a fascist and think it's the correct thing to do? What's your purpose here, you're upset about things being one-sided to....the side you don't appear to be on?

Yes, I know quite a lot about the issue, and I do this simply because I take sick pleasure in shattering other people's most treasured beliefs, and seeing how far they are willing to go with their grandiose delusions of sainthood.

When you parrot zionist propaganda, yes, you are defending zionism, even if you're clueless to what you're doing. And I agree, things are never black and white and the concept of objectivity is bullshit that I don't subscribe to anyway, especially regarding Israel-Palestine, where there is a clear power imbalance of an ethnosupremacist settler-colonial state militarily occupying and imprisoning the natives.

By that argument, the reason I argue against creationism is because I'm possessed by the devil and simply parroting his lies.
wat0n wrote:Way of not addressing what I said. I didn't even use the word transfer there.

Yes, you didn't. But Israeli politicians do. Regularly.

Saeko wrote:Right. Because there is nowhere else for Hamas to store its weapons except in children's schools. The belief that Hamas is using schools and schoolchildren as anything other than human shields by storing its weapons there is either incredibly naive or just delusional. Furthermore, it has been reported that Hamas opened the gates to civilians at one of those three schools.

You still have no evidence of any human shields used. How can Palestinians have used human shields when there were no humans there? You're not making any sense, psycho. Your speculation is not evidence. The human-shields argument was just zionist propaganda attempting to demonize Palestinians for what appears to be standard procedure for the IDF, of using Palestinians as human shields. Something their own courts ruled against.

The war which immediately preceded the occupation.

Which war and which occupation? I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you?

Yes, I know quite a lot about the issue, and I do this simply because I take sick pleasure in shattering other people's most treasured beliefs, and seeing how far they are willing to go with their grandiose delusions of sainthood.

Nice work trying to shatter...something. You did good.

Really though, this is laughable as you belong to one of the people whose views have been completely shattered in here:

a) your claim that these particular children were used as human shields, when you have failed to provide evidence that Israel hit a valid military target when it killed them in their sleep.
b) your claim that the Israeli occupation and ethnic-cleansing is legitimate:

EU report on the illegitimacy of the occupation & population transfers
skinster wrote:You still have no evidence of any human shields used. How can Palestinians have used human shields when there were no humans there? You're not making any sense, psycho. Your speculation is not evidence. The human-shields argument was just zionist propaganda attempting to demonize Palestinians for what appears to be standard procedure for the IDF, of using Palestinians as human shields. Something their own courts ruled against.

There were humans there. Children typically go to schools for children. The vacancy refers to the state of the building when it was investigated, and when the rockets were found. Nobody can know how long those weapons were there, but we do know that if one wants to do everything possible to avoid involving civilians in a conflict, then it is very counter-productive to stash weapons in schools for children.

Furthermore, storing weapons in civilian buildings and launching attacks from residential areas does count as using human shields under international law.

Which war and which occupation? I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you?

Six-day war.

Nice work trying to shatter...something. You did good.

Really though, this is laughable as you belong to one of the people whose views have been completely shattered in here:

a) your claim that these particular children were used as human shields, when you have failed to provide evidence that Israel hit a valid military target when it killed them in their sleep.

They were definitely being used as human shields. This salafist group fired the rockets from a residential area in order to lure Israel into firing at the residential area. There is no other reason for firing into a random open field.

The EU is not the arbiter of international law. That would be the UN.
Saeko wrote:There were humans there. Children typically go to schools for children. The vacancy refers to the state of the building when it was investigated, and when the rockets were found. Nobody can know how long those weapons were there, but we do know that if one wants to do everything possible to avoid involving civilians in a conflict, then it is very counter-productive to stash weapons in schools for children.

The school was vacant and there is no report of Palestinians using other Palestinians as human shields. Your imagination is cute (not-cute), but you lack evidence to support your claim that "both sides use human shields".

Furthermore, storing weapons in civilian buildings and launching attacks from residential areas does count as using human shields under international law.

When will you provide evidence to your claim that "both sides use human shields"? So far you have provided none.

Six-day war.

Gaza was at war with Israel?

They were definitely being used as human shields. This salafist group fired the rockets from a residential area in order to lure Israel into firing at the residential area. There is no other reason for firing into a random open field.

You need to provide evidence for your claims that Israel targeted a valid military target, a dubious claim since there were no dead except for two small children sleeping in their beds. Not even the IDF have described these dead kids as "collateral damage" but you seem willing to go out of your way to justify their deaths like a good zionist-apologist and then you wonder why you're considered as one. Zionists ITT aren't going to the lengths you are, at least, the non-newbies.

Way to show that you call others on bullshit when you go out of your way to justify the deaths of two kids with absolutely nothing but your imagination.

The EU is not the arbiter of international law. That would be the UN.

Page 10 from the EU report which you not read wrote:The UN Special Rapporteur in the Palestinian territories Richard Falk has stated that Israeli settlement expansion, combined with the forced evictions of Palestinians, 'can only be described, in its cumulative impact, as a form of ethnic cleansing' 29 .

The UN would do a great deal more if it was able to access the facts on the ground, but Israel like any other rogue state does not allow the UN to access these areas.

I will gladly double down on th[a]t. So after sa[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]