Israel Eldad Interview on the Irgun and LEHI before WW2 - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
pugsville wrote:But why did the Jews have greater Rights than the Palestinians? IF it can't be solved why is automatically the Palestinians who must leave?
Why not the Jewish Israelis who have been there for 5 minutes?

Because we have a functioning democratic state, while the Arabs have two states: A tyrannical theocracy in Gaza and a corrupt kleptocracy in Judea and Samaria, both of which are totally dependent on foreign aid.

From a utilitarian point of view, why would you want to try to throw out the successful, strong, nuclear armed state instead of the two failed Arab states. Also, there are 22 Arab states where they can integrate but no other Jewish state.
Arabs have had good reason to fight a growing minority that has an aim for an independency. Certainly when they are stronger, and has coalition of serrounding states.

We have to remember it is their free choice to act that way.

What is their way of action: constant violence, to slowly dominate the space.

Exactly as the act of Jews were constant settling and development to dominate the space.

The constant terror is a perminant behaviour of Arabs here. By constant terror I including theivery, abusement, discrimination, incitement, boycotting, and direct pogroms. This behaviour of them is partly organized, partly happening by itself, and has waves.

Okay. So this is the aspect of what is bad with the relations with them since dawn, till this very day we speak.

And these are in fact the relations between all groups in the middle east. Constant low fire terrorism and violence.

The acture wars are those who change the picture, and many of them were been directed and pushed actually by the superpowers or Israel. And have broken the equasion of dominance of Arabs in the relations. Even at 67, Egypt still prefered a slow terrorism and suffocating of Israel, instead of a war. And what was 48? A slow war.. long time of fighting... The only war Arabs launched fully by themselves is perhaps 1973 war. Israel sure have justifications to end the slow suffocation and continuous violence by a strike of large scale war, yet its the method Israel prefers and not Arabs.

Anyhow, I believe Arabs do fight us since they believe it benefits them. I don't think they "must" to. AS Jews chose to fight cause they wanted independency, so did Arabs (though they have had more reasons- like imperialism of serrounding Arab states that uses heads of Arab communities here to fight us for their own need, the local Arabs didn't necessarily care and not all fought Jews).

We see a direct correlation between actions and causes. We rather see very a low coorelation between "intentions" of evil Zionists to causes. The intentions of Zionists to expand and take the entire middle east are irrelevant; since what play a major roll in the test of time is this: economic and political cooporation, creates peace. And wars based on fear of our intentions, brings wars. How surprising.
pugsville wrote:dcomplex. - BE consistent, either Might makes Right or it does not.

IF might does make right you have to accept that all sorts of very bad things are 'right' because the perpetrators had the might. A posters has pionted out that IF might makes Right on basis do you say the Nazis were wrong

Hitler was wrong because he declared a genocide on an innocent population, just like the Arabs. I think that might makes right in cases of territorial disputes where both sides have valid claims, not of murder. I don't have to accept the maxim whole-cloth. I think that I can accept it in cases where there is no clear "just" answer.
And who is the arbiter of when there is not a clear "just" answer? You morals seem to be very mnuch based on who is doing the act. You are quick to excuse and justify some actions while condeming similar actions?

What is your problem with the Nazis you seem to agree with them in general, replace Jew with Arab and your philosophy seems to be exactly the same.
pugsville wrote:And who is the arbiter of when there is not a clear "just" answer? You morals seem to be very mnuch based on who is doing the act. You are quick to excuse and justify some actions while condeming similar actions?

What is your problem with the Nazis you seem to agree with them in general, replace Jew with Arab and your philosophy seems to be exactly the same.

Nonsense. If the Arabs wanted to live with us in peace, they could stay. This is not the case when 86% support wanton suicide bombing of Jewish civilians and when 93% hold extremely antisemitic points of view.

FiveofSwords you are severely misinformed about h[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Today I learned that Ukraine is not allowed to use[…]

This way started because the Israeli government a[…]

Taiwan-China crisis.

I'm sure some do, but there isn't a huge swell of[…]