Jewish Terror Attack in West Bank - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
skinster wrote:Besides, Zionists got the land they wanted, is that not enough? Why must they encroach on what little has been left for the Palestinians when they already have much more of the land and their actual own country?
The Jewish Israeli population is expanding, particularly the Orthodox community. They will need more living space. Besides Israel is heavily populated as is.
Nah, no need for lebensraum if that's what you mean. There's plenty of space for them in Israel proper.

Now, if you want to talk about the issue of defensible borders and the like that gets more interesting but one doesn't need to have settlers there to address those issues.

No, this is simply lack of spine to deal with the problem, even if some settlers may claim that they or their parents were expelled from the West Bank in 1948 and during the Mandate (the first settlements founded in the late '60s and early '70s were populated by such people), Israeli politicians have been the ones who have lacked the spine to stop them - when they haven't encouraged them like during the late '70s and up to the early '90s, when the issue was less pressing than today in terms of demographics. And based on that last thing, it will get more and more pressing as time goes by, so lacking a spine will be less of an option over time.
skinster wrote:Those settlers need to be kicked out of the West Bank because they are there illegally and their presence means the 2-state solution is dead...

I also feel better when I type the words '2 state solution' on my keyboard. The two-state solution is like hydrogen engines that run on water - this wonderful thing that's just never been tried. So we continue driving gas engines and feeding Israel validation.

Of course, my feeling good is maybe problematic. Perhaps I should feel bad about renting my opinions to the highest bidder. Maybe I am abandoning humanity when I abandon minority groups to the predation of the rich who feed me bones.
wat0n wrote:Nah, no need for lebensraum if that's what you mean. There's plenty of space for them in Israel proper.

But that's exactly what it is, lebensraum. The only people who claim otherwise are the settlers, while the Israeli government pretends it is scared of them and their extremism and deals with them by offering them subsidized housing in the settlements, issuing them guns and security from the military, allowing them to continue with their "price-tag" attacks where they destroy churches and mosques and other Palestinian property, as well as harassing, beating and killing Palestinians in their own territory, again, with impunity. Where do you think this will go? All they're doing is becoming more vicious in their attacks.

Topical:
Meir Ettinger interrogated by Shin Bet for involvement in ‘extremist organization,’ linked to arson attack on church
skinster wrote:But that's exactly what it is, lebensraum. The only people who claim otherwise are the settlers, while the Israeli government pretends it is scared of them and their extremism and deals with them by offering them subsidized housing in the settlements, issuing them guns and security from the military, allowing them to continue with their "price-tag" attacks where they destroy churches and mosques and other Palestinian property, as well as harassing, beating and killing Palestinians in their own territory, again, with impunity. Where do you think this will go? All they're doing is becoming more vicious in their attacks.

Topical:
Meir Ettinger interrogated by Shin Bet for involvement in ‘extremist organization,’ linked to arson attack on church

It goes exactly where we are now, with the more extremist settlers overplaying their hand and turning the Israeli public against them, perhaps with quite a few settlers included. And with this, cracking down on them gains legitimacy and defuses the threat of a civil war.
It appears everyone is appalled by this sickening event by Zionist hard-liners. By Orthodox Jewish people. By Israelis.

Yet what has been accomplished? Well...I bet there are allot more Palestinian people considering militant actions against Israel now.
I'd also bet that the Arab world isn't too pleased about this either...even though they all seem a tad preoccupied at the moment...

Those Gawd Damn Saudis continue to be the world's biggest supplier of religious Jihadis. Yet we all kiss their oil-soaked asses like a pack of hungry jackles.

Zionist Israel continues to expand into Palestinian land in the West Bank, guaranteeing the continuation of the hatred and violence, and justifying continued acts of atrocity by both sides.

The Middle East is in flames, and I think the main 2 reasons for the fire are the Saudis and the Zionists. Between them, they've started this fire, and they seem happy to continue to fan the flames. Its like watching the creation of a black hole that is designed to suck everyone into the fray.

But Europe and the USA (Obama and the Dems for the most part) are trying to stay the hell outta this black hole.

The Muslim people of the Middle East have freaked right out. This is a direct result of about a century of having salt rubbed in open wounds over and over by the USA and the West, by Israel and it's Zionist policies, and by the fuckin Saudis. It's a pit of blind hatred that I want no part of.

Azathoth is pleased with his children I bet...
Buzz62 wrote:It appears everyone is appalled by this sickening event by Zionist hard-liners. By Orthodox Jewish people. By Israelis.
I'm not. Compared to the terrible atrocities committed by Muslims day in day out. This is totally insignificant.
skinster wrote:Probably because the settlers are offered impunity for their crimes, for the most part. Like police in Amerikkka.

So it's not possible that the police was unable to find the perpetrators? In the same way it is not possible for them to find every Palestinian who throws molotovs at Israeli settlers - particularly since the bulk of the attacks by Israeli settlers are of that kind.
What about a jail in Israel proper, since they have vowed to overthrow the Israeli state and some among them have committed crimes?

Certainly that position is better than saying that the West should not fight ISIL because of the latter's grievances against it.
wat0n wrote:What about a jail in Israel proper, since they have vowed to overthrow the Israeli state and some among them have committed crimes?

That would be good. But apparently the police in Israel are too pussy to deal with these terrorists.
Buzz62 wrote:and so they should be up-rooted.
but...where would they go?
to jail? maybe...somewhere else within Palestinian land?

To live and work in filtering camps on Israel proper, until the security services can determine who is a terrorist that should be transfered for pre-trial detention and prosecuted and who is a squatter that should be released. The measure should be justified to the population on the grounds that the State needs to find housing for five hundred thousand people. If those ex-settlers who aren't under a serious investigation were allowed to leave the camps when they found housing or employment elsewhere there shouldn't be much of an uproar.

It seems from this quote that you are itching to […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. The […]

More incoherent ramblings as one can expect from […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wait, what ? South Korea defeated communists ? Whe[…]