Beitar Illit - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By War Angel
oh, so now they stone people in studiums.

No, not in stadiums. They prefer the open streets.

Oh, and they destroy art pieces of other cultures when they have a chance.

Yes, they do.

they don't pay taxes due to the welfare system rules, and most of them are not doing an army service due to Ben Guryon descision that haven't been changed yet, .

Correct again. I never once said it wasn't Israel's fault, we started their privileged treatment.

but they are far from been called lazy.

They are the very definition of it.

and whats the problem that they are backwords? everybody has such groups in their countries. the Americans have the Amish, in Holland they have paralel communities.. not everyone should be straight to one culture or ideal. This is liberalism btw.

I wholeheartedly agree. Except, Israel isn't like any other country. If nearly a million people, or even 700,000 are backwards, useless tards, we're facing a very serious problem. We are both weaker from within, and more vulnerable to outside attacks. Our population has to be the smartest, most driven and successful population in the area, or we'd be dead and gone. The Haredim are pulling us in the opposite direction.

And, you know what, I might even put up with their way, if they paid for it themselves. Why do I have to pay for it, though? Why take my hard-earned money to feed so many people who do not care about me, or my country, the same country they live in?

They build Beitar Illit while you sit in Gush Dan and rmain the borders of Israel empty. ;)
*you = 50% of the non religious Jewish in Israel.

I work, I pay taxes, I've served in the military, I've served in the Territories... you've got no case with me, or 96% of all Gush-Dan inhabitants, who do the same. These Haredim did not build Beitar Illit, no were most even born there, and they sure as hell won't protect it when the time comes.

anyhow, they should pay in sweat, yet this is not a condition for becomming an Israeli.

It should be.

They bring many Jewish babies, you don't.

Their babies are only Jewish by ethnicity, which amounts to very little when you do not educate them or give them a purpose. They're useless to me and the Israeli nation. They grow to be more money-sucking machines, taking so much and giving nothing in return. Their babies could be Jewish or they could be Martian, it would make no difference.

Ok, so you will make machines, and they will make the babies and keep the Jewish culture alive for the next centuaries.

If theirs is the face of the future Jewish people, it is not worth saving.

this is a bad idea. you should slowly melt them in the working system and army. the Robespierre ideas to crack and break will make dammage. You don't break groups and ancient cultures for more taxes.

Fuck that. Give them an ultimatum - conform, or get the fuck out. They will either become contributing members of society, or they will not be a burden anymore. Either way, we win. :)

They feel as a nation more than the ultra leftists in Tel Aviv.

Those, too, should be kicked out.

They are nationally Jews and recognized themselves as such.

Well, it doesn't equate 'give something back' to them, so who cares?

They have various of groups among themselves, and they are now boycotting Satmer group for being anti zionist.

Yes, a small portion of the Haredi population is Zionist, they serve (though mostly not in the military), work and do their legal obligations. They are very fine in my book.
By LehmanB
No, not in stadiums. They prefer the open streets.

They do not stone people to death as a punnishment.
Yes, they do.

So they have destroyed or attempt to destroy Israeli antiques as Taliban destroyed the Budahaa statues. good to know.

They are the very definition of it.

no. they are not lazy. they have a very organized society of charity and taking care of their big families and giving them all a high education and studying bible and Talmud. Yes, this is not contributing at all to Israel's budget. Yet they are not lazy people. You should distinguish.

I wholeheartedly agree. Except, Israel isn't like any other country. If nearly a million people, or even 700,000 are backwards, useless tards, we're facing a very serious problem. We are both weaker from within, and more vulnerable to outside attacks. Our population has to be the smartest, most driven and successful population in the area, or we'd be dead and gone. The Haredim are pulling us in the opposite direction.

The total of Orthodox people in Israel are 1 million. 60% of them are Dati Leumi, kippa wearing; 40% the wide variations of Haredim. 400-450,000.

Since 92% of the Israeli Jews are not Haredim, I dont think Israel will fall so quickly to anti modernism as you fear.

I work, I pay taxes, I've served in the military, I've served in the Territories... you've got no case with me, or 96% of all Gush-Dan inhabitants, who do the same. These Haredim did not build Beitar Illit, no were most even born there, and they sure as hell won't protect it when the time comes.

There is alot to complain. People need to LIVE in the borders, in the peripheria, for Israel's strength. Like Beitar Illit. Even if they are contributing nothing for the budget, they are doing a great deal for the country.

It should be.

you cannot throw people away if they are not contributing for the army anymore. Israel is the Jewish home, not Sparta.

If theirs is the face of the future Jewish people, it is not worth saving.

The Nazis have attempted to delete them first of all.

The whole reason Ben Guryon gave them freedom from the army and a seperate education system is after the holocause THEY are those whom were almost deleted all, and except for few thousands Yeshiva mambers, they were almost gone. Ben Guryon agreed to remain their lifestyle protected to preserve it.
Yes, now they are large and should take a part in the country's affort, no doubts. But you decry your own culture.

Their babies are only Jewish by ethnicity, which amounts to very little when you do not educate them or give them a purpose. They're useless to me and the Israeli nation. They grow to be more money-sucking machines, taking so much and giving nothing in return. Their babies could be Jewish or they could be Martian, it would make no difference.

They will be the thing that prevent an Arab majority between Jordan river and the sea. Yes I know your seperate state idea and the 'wall'- I don't believe it will hold for long. Israel needs a Jewish majority from Jordan river to the sea. Israel is more than taxes payment and army service. Israel needs people to sit in the desert and in the borders, something the people of Tel Aviv never willing to do. third, Israel also needs a glu, since if you are purely cosmopolitican why wouldn't you just immigrant to New york like many Israelis do? If it will be hard in Israel or in the borders of Israel, the 'useless' people, the poor unemployed of Sederot and the Haredim will be those who stickly remain there when the seculars of tel Aviv will easy fly away if difficult.

Fuck that. Give them an ultimatum - conform, or get the fuck out. They will either become contributing members of society, or they will not be a burden anymore. Either way, we win.

Those, too, should be kicked out.

They are part of your nation, both of them. Instead of breaking and kicking, start to understand you will always have other opinions and cultures and people who will not add to your budget a Shekel. mannaging a country means to take care of the people as a whole, unless you are a phashit that send people to iceburgs when they stop contribute.

Yes, a small portion of the Haredi population is Zionist, they serve (though mostly not in the military), work and do their legal obligations. They are very fine in my book.

I don't think it is small. I think they love the country and feel as the same nation with you. There is a problem of disacception- they would say if you are not religion what are you, and you will say- what do you contibute for the Jewish state. yet this is a gap needs to be bridged peacefuly rather than living in a phobia and trying to delete the other.

This does not contradict the fact that human gene[…]

There seems to be no evidence that a Hasidic stude[…]

What's really funny is when fools go against reali[…]

My position has always been very clear. Ukraine s[…]