US House approves 'strategic partner' status for Israel - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
US House approves 'strategic partner' status for Israel
The US House of Representatives approved a bill Wednesday that changes Israel's status into one of a "strategic partner" of the United States.

The new status will provide Israel with various security benefits, among them priority in receiving American weapons surpluses. Unlike the bill's original draft, the final version does not include automatic granting of tourist visa to the US to Israeli citizens.

The bill, that passed the House with a great majority, will now go to the Senate for a final confirmation. (Yitzhak Benhorin)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 76,00.html

This thread is dedicated to all the Pofo posters who think that the eternal bonds between America and Israel are weakening.

Tic - toc - tic - toc

It is wonderful that all surplus American weapons can now be given to Israel. Will they be free or at wholesale prices ?
Now that America stops its overseas adventures to a large degree, there will be lots of surplus war material that Israel can put to good use.
Ter wrote:This thread is dedicated to all the Pofo posters who think that the eternal bonds between America and Israel are weakening.
As an American I thank you for this most welcome news Ter
It is wonderful that all surplus American weapons can now be given to Israel. Will they be free or at wholesale prices ? Now that America stops its overseas adventures to a large degree, there will be lots of surplus war material that Israel can put to good use.
The way this will probably work is that Israel will select what it desires almost without restriction and pay for it with the 2 billion in military aid that the USA rightfully grants to its only friend in the Mideast. And yes the sales will be at cost minus depreciation and have the effect of a two for one sale at no cost to Israel .

And this also means that Israel will continue to be privy to and be an integral part of US RD projects that might be useful to Israel and the USA. And I see Land launched ASAT, IRBM, killing RIM-161 Standard Missile 3 interceptor missiles sprouting in the desert to augment the Arrow missile emplacements already on duty. And just to show that this is not a one way street the USA financed 75% of the Arrow project in return for some brilliant Israeli developed technology worth far more that the money the USA invested...one hand washes the other.

Oh, really? How many in areas controlled by […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I simply picked those sources of information whic[…]

Well I for one never made the claim "genocid[…]

@Tainari88 The problem is always the same. Yo[…]