Israel-Palestinian War 2023 - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
noemon wrote:If Netanyahu had an ounce of decency, he would resign and make way for a national unity government under a Supreme Court Judge.

This whole thing should last a few hours. No vaccum created. Standard practice across many countries.

Indeed, he would. But if he had even a shred of decency, he'd have admitted to his corruption long ago and wouldn't be PM in the first place.

Because what's happened in Israeli politics in general in the last few years, the dysfunction of having 5 general elections in 4 years ultimately boils down to that: He doesn't want to face corruption trials and go to jail like Olmert did.

Now, many Israelis had still been voting for him because they believed he still kept Israel safe and the country functional. "Sure, he's corrupt, but they all are and he can at least get shit done" or something along this lines.

This disaster completely demolishes that notion.
noemon wrote:If Netanyahu had an ounce of decency, he would resign and make way for a national unity government under a Supreme Court Judge.

This whole thing should last a few hours. No vaccum created. Standard practice across many countries.

The opposition should just insist that they don't take part in a Netanyahu-led national unity government. They should give an ultimatum to Likud and its coalition partners. It wouldn't affect the Israeli war machine and the war effort much and the war still could go on anyway. Netanyahu should actually apologise and resign, then even commit suicide perhaps, for god's sake. That's how politics really works, although there's only one real politician in Israel unfortunately.
Uhh ohh! Israel has cut off all water, electricity, and fuel to Gaza and says it will stay that way until all hostages are returned. I think this is a good move by Israel. This is just Israel using the leverage it has to pressure for the release of their citizens. I don't blame them. Of course, some of those citizens are American citizens too.
14 Thai citizens have been kidnapped by the Hamas, and 20 killed. I learned this from my wife who is upset that these terrorists have killed Thai people. I guess terrorists aren't picky about who they kill.

Sandzak wrote:Israel is not a sovereign state!!!
Sorry, but facts make this statement irrelevant. If Israel is not a state, then you can't claim that Palestine is one.
Godstud wrote:Sorry, but facts make this statement irrelevant. If Israel is not a state, then you can't claim that Palestine is one.

:lol:

Palestine doesn't have a state. Israel has a state. Palestine, or the territory that is what was meant to be a Palestinian state is militarily occupied by Israel where Palestinians are denied most of their human rights or they are in a massive prison camp where millions have no rights and are currently being bombed like fish in a barrel, as they have been 4 times already in the last 16 years.

Politicians the world over - yes, even the Western ones -keep saying Palestinians should have their own state and support the two state solution, precisely because they don't yet have one because Israel's military boot is on their necks and denies them the ability to live as you and I do.

Good godess, the ignorance in this room. Maybe you should start watching some of those videos I shared since you keep displaying your ignorance and that's not fun to watch.
@skinster

So skinster, when is Hamas going to return all the hostages or are you OK with Gaza going without fuel, water, and electricity forever? Gaza (ie Hamas) takes Israeli citizens hostage, Israel takes Gaza hostage by refusing to allow fuel, water and electricity to Gaza. Really, it's a siege of Gaza now from what it sounds like.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 12 Oct 2023 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
@skinster
Why is Hamas killing and kidnapping foreign nationals who are not Israeli? Is that to gain international support? How do they benefit from this?
So I'm not quite clear what's happening with the Rafah crossing. The obvious solution for Israel would be to stave the Gazans of food and water forcing them to flee into Egypt and then not allow them back in. I had thought that Egypt was not going to let Israel get away with this, but it seems to be coming less clear.
Godstud wrote:@skinster
Why is Hamas killing and kidnapping foreign nationals who are not Israeli? Is that to gain international support? How do they benefit from this?

Why is Israel holding 2 million humans as captives and now 2 Million as hostages???
@Sandzak

Sandzak wrote:Why is Israel holding 2 million humans as captives and now 2 Million as hostages???

Well, the answer to that question is pretty obvious. Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel and took Israeli citizens hostage, so now Israel is cutting off all food, water, fuel, and electricity to Gaza and holding all of Gaza hostage until their citizens who are being held hostage are released alive. If Gaza doesn't want to be held hostage then don't take Israeli citizens hostage. Gazans could tell Hamas to release the Israeli hostages and pay compensation to the victims or simply face the justice that the Israeli military is about to deliver to them.
They're trying to ban pro-Palestine protests in France and England, so far. This is going to backfire spectacularly..

Neo wrote:So skinster, when is Hamas going to return all the hostages or are you OK with Gaza going without fuel, water, and electricity forever? Gaza (ie Hamas) takes Israeli citizens hostage, Israel takes Gaza hostage by refusing to allow fuel, water and electricity to Gaza. Really, it's a siege of Gaza now from what it sounds like.

Hamas and other resistance orgs have said they will return hostages in exchange for their own.

As for Gaza being refused fuel, water and electricity, that's the norm in that concentration camp. The average amount of electricity Gaza has got for years is about 2-4 hours per day, if they're lucky. Why do you think people imprisoned in there resisted? For nothing? They want to live, in the same way you and I take for granted. Israel prevents that.

Sandzak wrote:Why is Israel holding 2 million humans as captives and now 2 Million as hostages???

Don't allow for the context amongst all these dorks. It might make them short-circuit.

Neo wrote:If Gaza doesn't want to be held hostage then don't take Israeli citizens hostage. Gazans could tell Hamas to release the Israeli hostages and pay compensation to the victims or simply face the justice that the Israeli military is about to deliver to them.

The people of Palestine have been used to Israeli "justice" ever since their country was stolen from them since the 1940s.

The millions in Gaza have been held hostage for 16 years. Last weekend was when they resisted in an organised way. And they have offered the hostages back for their own, including the hundreds of prisoners, including the elderly and children, who are kept in Israeli dungeons without any charge, what the Israelis refer to as "administrative detention", something where people have been held in those prisons for decades. Without charges. And this is the "democracy" you all are cheerleading for? :eh:
@skinster

History is no excuse for these terrorist actions. When Hamas releases Israeli citizens being held hostage then Israel will in turn release Gazans by allowing food, water, electricity, and fuel into Gaza. Don't release the hostages then Gazans will suffer until Hamas releases the hostages unconditionally and with no strings attached. Hamas should also prepare to face real and genuine justice at the hands of the Israeli military in return for killing innocent Israeli civilians.
Neo wrote:@Sandzak

Well, the answer to that question is pretty obvious. Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel and took Israeli citizens hostage, so now Israel is cutting off all food, water, fuel, and electricity to Gaza and holding all of Gaza hostage until their citizens who are being held hostage are released alive. If Gaza doesn't want to be held hostage then don't take Israeli citizens hostage. Gazans could tell Hamas to release the Israeli hostages and pay compensation to the victims or simply face the justice that the Israeli military is about to deliver to them.

Gaza wants to get Palestinians out of jail, 5000 men, women and children

Isreal is in a bad position if they enter Gaza and are busy in streetfighting Hezbollah would attack in north and perhaps Syria in the east... but Israel has to save face. Gaza has to give in or we have at the end a war between Iran (most likely the hole muslim world) and USA.

@Rich If the nuthead Trump would be in the White house we would have WW3! The world economy would brake down and the inflation would explode for a region which is due to fracking not important any more in geostrategic terms.
@Sandzak

Gazans are not in a very good position either. Again, they could tell Hamas to release the hostages. I imagine members of Hamas know quite a few people in Gaza, some of them might even be family members. I can't imagine they would want to see their family starve to death for holding innocent Israeli citizens hostage. All they have to do, is just release the hostages and the people in Gaza will be saved from starvation and thirst.
@Sandzak

And as far as Iran, the US is preventing transfer of the 6 billion dollars that was negotiated in return for releasing U.S. citizens wrongfully detained. So, that is money Iran is out of right now. Which, why should they get the 6 billion bucks when they fund and support Hamas who committed this vast crime?
Hamas is the Government of Gaza.

They want also their prisoners released if not they bet on WW3.

Antony Blinken has to find a solution how both side could save face not to loose the street-credibility in political terms state credibility.
BRICS will fail

I doubt I would be that much use on the front lin[…]

The zionist lobby has great power in the United St[…]

I already did, in fact, went as far as to provide […]

World War II Day by Day

He resigned the leadership in 1935 after Ernest B[…]