Zizek on Chomsky - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By SecretSquirrel
Well, in the US, progressivism is associated with all forms of big government outrages, and has been since good old Teddy in 1912. So pardon me for thinking that it was the case worldwide.

Funny aside: I just did some quick research into the term progressve, and apparently Canada has a major party called the Progressive Conservative Party :lol: :lol: :lol:
By KurtFF8
Well, in the US, progressivism is associated with all forms of big government outrages, and has been since good old Teddy in 1912. So pardon me for thinking that it was the case worldwide.

What exactly is a "big government outrage"? Obviously your loaded definition still doesn't even fit into the political reality of the progressive movement in the US which is quite diverse (and some would argue it should include Anarchist tendencies which would debunk your whole
big government" theory)

Funny aside: I just did some quick research into the term progressve, and apparently Canada has a major party called the Progressive Conservative Party

Don't really see the inconsistency there.
By Melodramatic
KurtFF8 wrote:Don't really see the inconsistency there.

that progressivism and conservatism are by definition opposite. Of course, names rarely have meaning.
By Ataxia
Of course Zizek would stress the importance of theory - he's managed to carve out a career selling theory to intellectuals. The point is, theory isn't what an academic writes in a book or a paper, it's a person coming to a (subjective) understanding of how they relate to the world in whatever language they have available to them. The vast majority of working people don't have the time or the education to view the world through the prism of Lacan and Hegel. Their theory comes about through the lived experience of capitalist oppression. This is Chomsky's point.

Haaretz | Israel News Top Israeli Military Lawyer[…]

Dunno, when I hear him speak, the vibe I get from[…]

Here in Arizona as we slowly approach the next el[…]

@Potemkin wrote: Popular entertainment panders[…]