Anarchy - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By SecretSquirrel
you have failed to explain why it is acceptable to do kill a person due to ideology. All you have done is said that the killing may or may not advance the ideological movement in question.
By Melodramatic
SecretSquirrel wrote:It always makes me sad to have misjudged a man and find myself disappointed.

I am sorry to disappoint.

SecretSquirrel wrote:I firmly believe, however, that every human life and liberty is valuable to the point that killing can only be justified in immediate self defense (it can... but not always will be justified)

Everybody prefers to refrain from killing (well in sensible places, this forum might be an exception :hmm: ), but that's not always possible. Fact is that the state is violently hurting us, it has coerced, stolen and hurt more then I can describe in one post and we have the right to defend ourselves.

Again returning to discuss the best means I'd say that anarchism is best achieved slowly by the general consent of the people. it will not. it will be achieved with blood, possibly less if we time it right, hence the sig.
By Donna
you have failed to explain why it is acceptable to do kill a person due to ideology. All you have done is said that the killing may or may not advance the ideological movement in question.

You have answered your own question; an equal society simply possesses primacy over all other matters. My general problem with your hypothesis is that I find it limiting and narrowly defined ('immediate' self-defense, etc.) If Bakunin's/Nechayev's Catechism of the Revolutionary is any indication, those who engage in political violence are so far removed from abstract moral consideration, whether secular or religious, that it only makes sense to begin judging such people on the efficacy of their actions, specifically in how it relates to their ideological goals. At best, you can argue that people who become violent revolutionaries are probably not very well-adjusted people (no doubt, many of them were not), but I fail to see the purpose of libidinous censure of someone that is willing to smile as he goes to the gallows with bloodied hands for his cause. At that point they're in God's hands.
By SecretSquirrel
you do not see why one would censure those who wantonly murder, especially for a cause? You really don't?
By Donna
Well, I have an idea where you're coming from, but we obviously disagree in some way.
By DubiousDan
Donald wrote:Anarchism is firmly left. I am of course intentionally omitting fringe and nearly irrelevant peripheries like anarcho-capitalism or post-leftism, but historically the anarchist movement has been married to Marxist analysis and the canonry of working class struggle. I don't think you can really make blanket statements about modern anarchists, but the anti-globalization movement is also quite obviously leftist.

What the Hell does anti-Globalism have to do with Anarchism? Are you saying that enlightened self interest is Anarchistic?

As for modern Anarchists, Anarchism is a word. Words are pointers to meaning. That meaning that the word Anarchism points to depends on who is using the word. I go by the dictionary definition. That’s so that we can have some common ground. It’s kind of hard to discuss apples when the other chap is talking about oranges.

Historically, the word Anarchism carries a lot of baggage. This is especially true for European history. However, the Tao Teh Ching is Anarchistic. It lacks the European baggage and it meets the dictionary definition.
For some reason, and I suspect propaganda, both within and without various Anarchistic factions, social orders which actually meet the definition of Anarchism are not allowed to be called Anarchistic.
For example the Hadza meet the definition of Anarchism, but you can’t use the term for them. However, social orders such as the Hadza are probably the most prevalent in the existence of Mankind. Therefore, the social order with the longest record in Human existence meets the definition of Anarchism.
Rather amusingly, followers of transient political economic philosophies such as Capitalism which has never existed as a practical reality call Anarchism undoable.

Anarchism:
From the Merriam-Webster’s Third International Dictionary, Unabridged, CD Version 3.0.
Main Entry:an£ar£chism
Pronunciation:*an*(r)*kiz*m also -*n*r*- or -*n**-
Function:noun
Inflected Form:-s
Etymology:anarchy + -ism

1 : a political theory opposed to all forms of government and governmental restraint and advocating voluntary cooperation and free association of individuals and groups in order to satisfy their needs — compare NIHILISM
2 : the advocacy or practice of anarchistic principles *stood for the divine character of established authority against the anarchism of free and critical thought— A.L.Gu*rard*

I am not going to debate someone else’s perception[…]

The Romans created the diaspora situation, but th[…]

- "USA was never a white country!" Th[…]

No one wins. Of course the best die in wars. A[…]