Anarchy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By liberty
Anarchy is only used to over throw governments. Anarchy has never worked for anything else and wont work for anything else. Its only a transitional period and a lot of the time (not always) its transitioned into a dictatorship.
By Abood
Anarchy is only used to over throw governments.
Lol, you seem like you know a lot about anarchism.
By Grunch
Why do these terrible topics always get made in the anarchism subforum? There's such a rich tradition of philisophy and theory and it's completely ignored for this strawman conception of anarchism featuring dastardly syndicalists wielding bombs time after time after time.
By ingliz
Anarchy is only used to overthrow governments

The poster is confusing a word with a philosophy.

The problem still remains, unless you are talking about anarchic communities under the protection of a sympathetic state, that if by some extraordinary circumstance an anarchic nonstate came about it would not last long. It would certainly succumb to either internal or external threats, a nonstate in a world of states is not viable.
By Grunch
Is anarchist thought static and homogeneous enough to consider propaganda of the deed acts carried out in the late 19th and early 20th century relevant when describing modern anarchism?
By FallenRaptor
No, but that is what they have become culturally known for, just as communism is culurally known for being about equal wages and totalitarianism. The occasional "anarchist" throwing molotov cocktails at riots doesn't really help the image either.
By SpiderMonkey
Anarchist 'terrorism' pales in comparison with the brutality of Bolshevism and the negligent genocide perpetrated by global capitalism.
By Captain Sam
Anarchism has no place in the present day.
It currently isn't a viable ideology.
Maybe in 500+ years, maybe.
By SpiderMonkey
What a stupid generalisation.

How can you make such a blanket statement about the entire human race?
By Roland
Is anarchist thought static and homogeneous enough to consider propaganda of the deed acts carried out in the late 19th and early 20th century relevant when describing modern anarchism?

Nope. Those damn volatile anarchists, unable to even keep their message the same for a hundred years or so.

;)
By LetsTalkAboutIt
Would this be also a good thread to ask about Anarchy in general?

I tried black flag forums FAQ, but it kinda not to the point.

I am more curious about mutualism if any one could explain that in simpler terms.
By Melodramatic
LetsTalkAboutIt wrote:I am more curious about mutualism if any one could explain that in simpler terms.

I tried to get wolfman to explain it to me in the libertarianism sub forum (see left libertarianism thread). not much explaining but there were some links to very interesting left libertarian sources.
By SecretSquirrel
Anarchism may never in fact work. It would require a sea change in our cultural outlook. It may also require that society collapse first.
By ninurta
Anarchy will work, at least just before it evolves either into small states or form a single state. Depending on how much space you have in a state of anarchy. Natural balance will just create hierarchy where there is none. Human nature is hierarchical.
By Melodramatic
SecretSquirrel wrote:Anarchism may never in fact work. It would require a sea change in our cultural outlook.

Can you agree that anarchism is a worthy goal? and that libertarianism is in fact the best path to it?

SecretSquirrel wrote:It may also require that society collapse first.

That is also accurate for true libertarianism.
By SecretSquirrel
i am an anarchist, melo.
By Melodramatic
SecretSquirrel wrote:i am an anarchist, melo.

oh great :up:

Now I probably just need to get rid of you capitalist right?

I provided the footage earlier ITT. You could ac[…]

@Tainari88 @FiveofSwords appears to have suf[…]

The Roman expulsion of the Jews is irrelevant bec[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm Amelia. I'm 35years old and I live in one of[…]