Yet another racist attack in Melbourne bus - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
This is an example of racism against whites, when a minor racially-related incident makes the news. And, for all I know, the two Indian woman instigated the conflict, but in a society so militantly racist against whites, a detail like that wouldn't matter.

Also, was it really racist? Indians are also caucasian, and their immigrant status, not their race, was the topic of the woman's comment.
I think it is more an issue about the prevelance of anti-social behaviour on our public transport system, it occurs mainly because there is poor supervision by law enforcement, a high % of lower socio-economic classes and a small number of passengers on some routes.

People with chips on their shoulder will lash out at anyone for any reason, they target the most visible difference that seperates others from the pack. If you're a foriegner they will always play the race card but I have seen 'fag' used against well dressed caucasian males and typically 'whore' or 'slut' used against caucasian females. A vast number of such incidents would go unreported.
AVT wrote:I think it is more an issue about the prevelance of anti-social behaviour on our public transport system, it occurs mainly because there is poor supervision by law enforcement, a high % of lower socio-economic classes and a small number of passengers on some routes.

People with chips on their shoulder will lash out at anyone for any reason, they target the most visible difference that seperates others from the pack. If you're a foriegner they will always play the race card but I have seen 'fag' used against well dressed caucasian males and typically 'whore' or 'slut' used against caucasian females. A vast number of such incidents would go unreported.

That's my point. Numerous attacks happen. Some are racist (they get a mention) most are not (so they don't get a mention) because they are mundane run of the mill and therefore not news worthy.

Yes there are racists in Australia (as with everywhere), but is Australia predominantly racist? No. The racists are a minority.
Swagman wrote:Yes there are racists in Australia (as with everywhere), but is Australia predominantly racist? No. The racists are a minority.

Australia is probably more racist than it has ever been before. Just against whites. That's why something that at most is a minor act of rudeness becomes a news story.
Swagman.Again you are an apologist for racism in Australia.There seems to me that you are again dismissing racism and not recognizing it as a real problem in Australia.
anarchist23 wrote:Swagman.Again you are an apologist for racism in Australia.There seems to me that you are again dismissing racism and not recognizing it as a real problem in Australia.

I think you have a bit of phobia about racism anarchist?. You seem to see a racist around every corner.?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/02/09/20/52/six-men-gang-rape-girl-14-in-sydney

A teenage girl has been sexually assaulted by a gang of men in Sydney's west.

In an attack police believe was random, the 14-year-old girl was initially assaulted by one man in Doonside before his friends joined on Saturday night.

The first man approached the teenage girl about 11pm (AEDT) in Bill Colbourne Reserve on Hill End Road, police say.

Police have been told the man touched the girl inappropriately before sexually assaulting her.

"The man's five friends then also sexually assaulted her," police said in a statement on Sunday night.

The group of men then fled the scene, leaving the girl to walk to a nearby home where police were called.

The girl was taken to hospital for treatment.

Local detectives, with assistance from the State Crime Command's sex crimes squad, are investigating.

The men are all described as being of African appearance and aged in their late teens to early 20s.

Anyone with information can call crime stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Oh look a vicious sexual assault by a gang of Africans. Is it reported as a racist attack? no. Random say police.

Politically correct media.......unless the scenario was is in the reverse. Attacks on ethnics by Australians are racist but attacks by ethnics on Australians are random.........
ThirdTerm wrote:It was partly the victims' fault as one of the Indian women accidentally bumped her bag into the Aussie woman as she boarded the bus and sometimes Australia's extreme heat waves interfere with moral judgement and make some people cranky for no apparent reason and foreigners in Australia may have to learn to cope with it.

I could not believe this post.This is racism of the worst kind.Blaming the victim,blaming the weather but not blaming the perpetrator.
The point is that there are lots of crimes committed. Some are racist most are not. They are crimes of opportunity. Labelling (most of) the population as racist is over the top. You may as well say that most of the population are criminals too which is obviously false.
Swagman.Please do not put words in my mouth.I said "The MAJORITY of Australians and the MAJORITY of British are racists." Not MOST Australians and MOST British are racists.I choose my words carefully.There IS a difference between MOST and MAJORITY.
anarchist23 wrote:Swagman.Two wrongs do not make a right.

.......and one racist crime does not mean the majority of the population is racist

anarchist23 wrote:Swagman.Please do not put words in my mouth.I said "The MAJORITY of Australians and the MAJORITY of British are racists." Not MOST Australians and MOST British are racists.I choose my words carefully.There IS a difference between MOST and MAJORITY.

LOL now look who's splitting hairs. ........it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

'Most' mostly fits your flawed statement better than 'Majority' anyway. For example one could get the 'most' votes in a count but not the 'majority' of votes depending upon the number of candidates.
In another incident on a bus, two young women attacked an elderly white man because he was slightly tanned and these girls were eventually kicked out of the bus by fellow passengers who stood up against racism. Violent racists are clearly in the minority but Australia's high crime rates may be the root cause of a series of ugly incidents on public transport. A 13-year-old girl on a bus recorded the whole incident, which helped police identify the offenders, and their faces are blurred in the video posed by the Guardian but their names and faces should be made public to prevent similar attacks.

One of the two women filmed attacking an elderly man on a Gold Coast bus on Tuesday has handed herself in to Queensland police. The incident was recorded by a 13-year-old on a bus in Kirra at around 3.45pm, and shows two women punching, kicking, spitting and verbally abusing the man. The bus eventually stopped and a male passenger pushed the women off the bus and threw their hats after them. The video was posted to social media and quickly went viral. Channel Nine news broadcast the footage and described the two women as sisters. A police spokesman told Guardian Australia on Friday one woman had taken herself to Coolangatta police station shortly before 2pm and was being questioned. Acting Superintendent Brian Swan told media on Friday the man came forward early that morning, and was upset and shaken, and had bruising to his arms. Swan described the incident as “abhorrent”. Swan corrected earlier reports that the victim was blind, and said the man’s glasses were knocked off during the incident, impairing his vision. Swan said reports the man is Indigenous were also incorrect. “The victim actually doesn’t identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander,” he said. “However it is concerning that the alleged [attackers] perceived that he was.” Dr Tim Soutphommasane, race discrimination commissioner at the Australian Human Rights Commission praised the actions of the young girl who filmed the incident, Rebecca Ribbons. “It is worth commending her intervention in filming the incident and coming forward. It’s an example of how there is more than one way you can stand up to racism,” he told Guardian Australia.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/28/racist-gold-coast-bus-attack-victim-complaint-girls-involved

Decky wrote::eh:
It is Austrailia isn't everyone tanned?

Some white Australians are either part-Aboriginal or recent immigrants from Southern Europe, who may get a tan easier than those of Northern European backgrounds. This particular gentleman may be either of the two types and dark-skinned persons usually stand out in an all-white environment regardless of their ethnic origins.
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 07 Mar 2014 23:11, edited 2 times in total.
One of the two women filmed attacking an elderly man on a Gold Coast bus on Tuesday has handed herself in to Queensland police. The incident was recorded by a 13-year-old on a bus in Kirra at around 3.45pm, and shows two women punching, kicking, spitting and verbally abusing the man. The bus eventually stopped and a male passenger pushed the women off the bus and threw their hats after them.

I'm truly surprised this was not reported as mysogyny on the part of the male passenger that threw the women off the bus knowing the media? I guess because we no longer have a leftist woman PM that the mysogeny issue has been shelved? It looked more of a case of misandry on the part of the two women than racism. I guess in the 'guardian's' case reporting 'racism' sells more newspapers than reporting misandry
High levels of migration produce tensions within a society, especially when the new migrants are culturally very different from the host countries native populace and assimilation of them does not take place. Considering that most western countries attempt to practice multiculturalism, it does not help the situation, but exasperate the issues and tensions further between native population and migrants. As tensions that are experienced, are mostly based in identity and cultural differences.

Also just the sheer size of numbers at which migrants are coming to the country, in itself is bound to have negative impact on the society.
You have two Australian government policies.
1.The White Australia Policy which ended in the mid seventies.
2.The policy of the arbitrary removal of Aboriginal children which ended in the seventies.
Also within the Australian Constitution racism is enshrined.Section 25.Australian states can ban people from voting on the grounds of their race.Section 51.The federal government is empowered to make special laws for people of any particular race.
Australians should recognize that racism is part of its culture and deal with that fact.Not to make a joke of it.It is not funny if you are are a victim of racism.
What makes these articles so utterly hilarious is how they are only news because of the fact that race was an element.

This is nothing more than a pissed off argument that falls somewhere between the nebulous of assault and minor altercation.

These non-news stories are put forward to continue elevating the racial discussion into the mainstream news so that we can continue shaming people who are not self-flagellating themselves for racist thoughts perpetually.

Meanwhile there are plenty of other assaults and attacks that have no racial element whatsoever that will not be discussed or brought up and one might even be say that there are still others, too, tat do have a racial element that will be non-issues because it was a white victimized, or a relatively more "privileged" minority (north Asian) who is victimized by an aboriginal or some such, and likewise, it can then not be brought up.

The same thing tends to happen throughout the whole of the Western world.

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]