Immigration Reform in Australia Passes... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
But it doesn't have to be short term punitive strategies. They can be long term punitive strategies. You heard my proposal, keep them in Nauru for 10 years while you research their background and political status. I think that if Australia does this for say 20 years, it's going to make it a lot less attractive to illegal invaders, and this will discourage invasions.

I'm already planning the system we'll have in Cuba after Castro falls, to stop Haitians from coming over in hordes. We'll take over the Guantanamo base, and use the concentration camp the Americans built for Muslim prisoners. Because Haiti is so close to Cuba, we'll just have a boat make the round trip every day, after 30 days in Guantanamo, we put them in the boat back to Haiti.
The UN is a joke, I have no problem ignoring parts of a idealistic treaty when the national interest of the country demands it. Suffice to say we still adhere to the treaty in principle, all arrivals will be processed in a safe environment, just not Australia.
GandalfTheGrey wrote:^ apart from the ones we will be soon turning back to Indonesia...

Those people are not technically "arrivals"..... To be an arrival, you actually have to make it to your destination first!

:lol:
GandalfTheGrey wrote:read the convention colliric, there is no distinction made. Our obligations begin the minute we intercept these people, and they tell us they are seeking asylum in our country. Turning back the boats is a clear-cut violation of our obligations, its as simple as that.

It was a joke....

geez. Some people it just goes right over their heads.
GandalfTheGrey wrote:sorry but its not very funny...

the fact is people say this exact thing thinking they are making a serious point.

Unless your joke is making fun of these people?

No I'm making fun of the language used.

I can't stop laughing about how in the UK you fuc[…]

It has already been explained why these laws will […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

As expected, the IDF and the Israeli government ar[…]

World War II Day by Day

Indeed, but giving itself dictatorial emergency p[…]