Federal System broken? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
By Ahovking
my question is our Federal System broken?

I've been reading a lot about how our federal System is broken, How in 1920 the The federal government sued the states to gain control of the states taxation and this was unconstitutional basically braking our constitution. Other signs like the centralization of our states, with large present of GDP being used to advance the major city's and neglecting regional areas. I understand that because our government had already broke our constitution and got away with it, the constitution doesn't really have the amount of power it should have on controlling and regulating the government, Effectively braking our Federal System. Do you think our Federal System is broken ?
This would be an interesting topic, but you are quite vague about what you are talking about.

The biggest problem as I see it is the dwindling sources of independent revenue for the states which seems to assure indefinite and spiraling state debt. The other problem for me is that states are basically held hostage by the federal who allocate the primary GST funds.

I have argued elsewhere that perhaps the solution is to relegate states to an arm of the federal bureaucracy - with everything centrally funded.

This is si.ply factually untrue. The population i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The arrogance of Volodymyr Zelensky is incredible.[…]

Are you having fun yet Potemkin? :lol: How coul[…]

I think she’s going to be a great president for Me[…]