Question Time . - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
By at946
Sadly I watched a bit of Question Time on the ABC yesterday . Bill Shorten queried the alarmist thundering of the then Opposition about national debt but when in power sought to increase the national debt . Abbot didn't answer the question ,by replying that when Labor were in power they couldn't look after the debt and now in opposition the were trying not to look after it again,or words to that effect ,and they get paid for it ! That's it for me .No more question time
When I was living in Canberra I used to sit in the public gallery for both houses quite a bit. Question time is not much better in real life ... the politicians treat Question Time like one big joke. Christopher Pyne is one of the worst.
By AVT
unbalanced zealot wrote:When I was living in Canberra I used to sit in the public gallery for both houses quite a bit. Question time is not much better in real life ... the politicians treat Question Time like one big joke. Christopher Pyne is one of the worst.

That is because it is a big joke, its just a piece of theatre where the politicians perform to get a catchy soundbite for the evening news.
By colliric
AVT wrote:That is because it is a big joke, its just a piece of theatre where the politicians perform to get a catchy soundbite for the evening news.

It's their theatre or Circus...

Frankly I'm a little surprised to see people say "it should be more civilised", "treated less like a joke", etc.

That's like telling a school bully to "be more civilised" and to stop teasing the cross-eyed kid by waving a finger at him. As soon as your back turns, he'll be right back into it. Pretty futile endeavour.
Teacher questions appropriateness of pow-wow

One teacher saying something that others disagree […]

Background in English of Claudia Sheinbaum: @Pot[…]

The fact that you're a genocide denier is pretty […]

@Rancid When the Republicans say the justice […]