CA-SLD Economic Conciliation Talks (IMPORTANT!) - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
You have no deviation from the neoliberal agenda. You praise the market as if it were your own little false idol.

In short, vanilla.
By Dave
Sephardi wrote:
:eh:

Vanilla?

You constantly reference Ph.D. economists (though not any specific ones) and belong to a party which espouses largely neoliberal economics. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Dave on 15 Apr 2009 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
You constantly reference Ph.D. economists (though not any specific ones) and belong to a party which espouses largely neoliberal economics. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You quoted the wrong person. :p
By Karl_Bonner_1982
Dave wrote:Why are you conflating Sephardi with me? I lead the PNL, which is a producerist party. Sephardi is a vanilla neoliberal. Dr. House, whose policies you seem to love, has a slightly more egalitarian version of my economics.

Forgive my boner - err, blunder, Dave. :eek:
By Demosthenes
I only have one thing to say to this rancid band of fascist thugs:

Gnote is not just the fucking man, he's the fucking SUPERMAN! :muha1:

Don't let SLD break your heart like it did mine 'Note! Fight the power! :cheers:

Alternatively: "Power to the People!"

(Now, back to your regularly scheduled arse fucking of the people)
:borg: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Dr House
Demosthenes wrote:Gnote is not just the fucking man, he's the fucking SUPERMAN! :muha1:

Making unreasonable and economically impossible demands from a center-right coalition government is not being the man.
By Gnote
What centre-right coalition government?
By Donna
A left wing government is impossible at this moment, Gnote.
By Gnote
Dr House is talking like some sort of coalition exists between the centre and the right.

Clearly that is not the case, either.
By Demosthenes
Dr. House is also talking like his opinion is universal. This is quite highly false.

Now he is not just SUPERMAN, but a fucking Demi-Gawd!
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Please Demo, just gtfo of this thread. You're not a part of the SLD so you have no place in these talks except trying to inflame Gnote.
By Demosthenes
Cheesecake_Marmalade wrote:Please Demo, just gtfo of this thread. You're not a part of the SLD so you have no place in these talks except trying to inflame Gnote.

Oh whatever, I think in your "trailing Falx" moments last night you proved no thread is closed to anyone.

We can come and go as we please and say what we want while we're here.

Careful, I'll elevate Gnote to outright Diety next...
By Donna
Dr House is talking like some sort of coalition exists between the centre and the right.

Clearly that is not the case, either.

'Centre-right' in the sense that only SLD and PUC-L would make up the centre-left of the most likely government.
By Dr House
Demosthenes wrote:Dr. House is also talking like his opinion is universal.

my opinion about what? That Gnote's proposal was economically impossible?

It was. Not even Scandinavian governments harvest enough tax revenue to pay for his original proposal, and he should have expected nothing lesss as he's negotiating with several right-wing parties.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
I'm with House on this one. No "social democratic" country has ever proposed anything nearly as radical as Gnote did.

And I don't actually want to go as far as Scandinavia by any means. I'd get our welfare state up to, and our Gini down to, say, Canadian or British levels but that's as far as I go. It's the extreme levels of inequality and institutionalized poverty in the United States post-Reaganomics that upset me so much.
Last edited by Karl_Bonner_1982 on 16 Apr 2009 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
By Gnote
Dr House, KB,

When you barter on a purchase, do you start with the absolute HIGHEST amount you're willing to pay? You need a lesson in negotiation.

By starting with such an astronomical GIM proposal, I was able to get support for a lower GIM that likely would never had any support if I'd started with that suggestion.
By Dr House
Gnote wrote:By starting with such an astronomical GIM proposal, I was able to get support for a lower GIM that likely would never had any support if I'd started with that suggestion.

It still has no support from me. Any social provisioning must have work requirements. And I can almost guarantee the CA and PUC leaders will back me up on that one.

And Bonner, Reagan didn't start us down the path of economic decline, he just didn't help.
Last edited by Dr House on 16 Apr 2009 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
By Gnote
Dr House wrote:It still has no support from me.

Then take this up with your party leader.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
I wasn't trying to negotiate inward from one end, I was trying to find the center and leave my opinions out of it. I wanted to see what positions were the best middle ground for the four parties; when people on the left started screaming I suggest nudging the platform a bit to the left.

Now, if I were on the left side of the SLD and was trying to make the welfare state as absolutely gigantic as possible, I would have negotiated from one side. But I'm no extremist, I definitely agree with the principles of the SLD the most but as I said before if it didn't exist I would be happy in the PUC also. And if we lose the CA we lose the government altogether. I'd rather get a government formed than let this game collapse into extinction because we can't learn to compromise. This is supposed to be for fun, everyone, remember that!

I understand that, but my point was that speciati[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]