Official Election Results - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Brio
Yeah Demo didn't you get the memo? The internet is serious business.
Last edited by Brio on 16 Apr 2009 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
By Andres
Watching the vote for THP is like watching the counting of votes in the Eurovision song contest. Strange phenomenon, the Balkanites bicker all day long and then they vote as a block.
Last edited by Andres on 16 Apr 2009 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
By Falx
Strangely enough all our votes so far are completely unanimous :?:
Who would have thought that direct democracy would work better than back room dealings.
By dilpill
What is the arrangement based on?

The arrangement of the seats? It's a simple 10x10 grid, and I distributed the seats sequentially column by column. I took the order from Dan's official election results.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Oh, ok.

Why does the PNL have to sit all the way in the back? :(
By Sephardi
You put the PNlL and POP as one color. Kind of hard to see which are PNLs and which ones are POPs like that.
By dilpill
Cheesecake_Marmalade wrote:Why does the PNL have to sit all the way in the back? :(

This isn't actually how the seats are organized. That probably would look more like this:

And the 'front' would probably be at the bottom of the chart anyways.

You put the PNlL and POP as one color. Kind of hard to see which are PNLs and which ones are POPs like that.

The PNL is dark green, but I guess it might be hard to see on some monitors.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
The 10x10 Parliament diagram is a little out-of-order. The THP is arbitrarily put on the left wing (the right side of this diagram) and the PNL is way over on the right next to the POP.

I think that on economics, we can all agree that from left to right the order is:

RF/SN > SLD > PUC > PNL > CA > LC

with THP and POP being classified by non-economic parameters instead.
By dilpill
I've actually just figured out how to do a proper curved legislature, so I'm going to redo it, and I'll put the parties in this order:

RF; SN ; THP; SLD; PUC-L; PUC; PNL; CA; LC; POP

Would that work better, K_B?
By Ombrageux
dilpill - I think that works. Organizing it by plausible coalitions/alliances makes more sense than a strict (invalid) 'spectrum'.
By dilpill
Ok, here's the improved version.

Last edited by dilpill on 17 Apr 2009 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
Pretty nice, Dilpill. Of course the THP's placement in the seating arrangement will inevitably make other parties look more left or right than they really are, no matter where you put them. But it's a good drawing, even if I end up sitting to the right of the centre aisle. :eek:
By ingliz
You are right of the centre aisle by any measurement other than US politics, all US mainstream politicians would be right of centre in a European Parliament.
By Falx
Dilpil, that causes many problems for the THP as our members are allergic to the SLD.
By Demosthenes
Falx, if the SN were to provide Bugspray to your THP, paid for by a progressive tax on all those making over 1 million clams/year, let's say...starting at 75%...so you could...ummm...disinfect your area, would you consider remaining in place as a buffer between us and them?

I will gladly double down on th[a]t. So after sa[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]