TLP - The Logician Party - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Dr House
dlt
By Nets
Glad to hear it Zyx.
By Zyx
What's that supposed to mean, Nets?

Don't want the SN to win or something?
By Nets
What's that supposed to mean, Nets?

Don't want the SN to win or something?

Don't be so paranoid, Zyx.
By Zyx
I get it . . . you guys are going to silence me. :*(

Whatever, I'll sit down at the parliament, at least.

I guess that, seeing how there are more seats than votes, I'd soft of sit anyway. This time, though, I can sit in some corner, far away from any party.
By Demosthenes
Yes, Zyx they want to silence you. Removing your vote from the SN and giving it to yourself gives them ammunition and more opportunity to build a rightist coalition, while your party won't be powerful enough to be influential in very many scenarios. I'm sure you could deal with the SN for some kind of seat if they were to win the election.
By Zyx
How many votes would I need in order to not be silenced?

As to overviewing the parties, mine is awesome. PUC posted twice in the platform whatever.

Is there going to be a debate?
By Demosthenes
well...I can't exactly tell, but right now there are 68 votes in. Meaning 1 vote for your party is less than half of one percent. Using the method Clauswitz has been discussing that would seem to exlude you completly as you appear to need .5% or greater to grab a seat on your own.

You'd likely need at least 2 votes, and likely 3 to ensure a seat or two. But again, all this appears to do is leach support from the more powerful version of your own party simply so you can have a voice, which you would likely have as part of the larger party.

All this is the face of a proposal to unite almost all the rightist parties and the PUC specifically against the RF and SN, and possibly parts of the SLD.
By Clausewitz
1/68 = 1.5%

Which means that Zyx gets one seat, for now.
By Demosthenes
Ah...well there you go. 1 vote = 1 seat.

Not sure what you can do with that, but if it's what you choose, then more power to you. ;)
By Zyx
Let's hope that the good QatzelOk and NoRapture choose to vote and vote wisely.

As to SN. The New Left and the Old Left never really got along. :hmm:
By Vladimir
Zyx if you disband once more and vote for SN, you will get a couple of seats from us; if you remain as you are you are ikely to get 0 seats and we won't accept you back
By Zyx
What if QatzelOk and NoRapture vote?

Did they say that they were not going to vote. If that's the case, I'll go SN.

By tonight, if neither vote, I'll switch my vote. Deadline is not up yet. If either vote for TLP, then TLP can stay and I'll have a seat albeit useless.

Na, I'll just hope that they vote SN (even if none of us are SN material.)

I changed my vote back to SN. I don't really need a seat. I can't speak the Communist talk, just yet. :hmm:

Hopefully Demosthenes changes to SN, too. :)
By Dan
Given that there are 100 seats and less then 100 votes, you are virtually guaranteed at least on seat for your party.
By Demosthenes
Zyx wrote:Hopefully Demosthenes changes to SN, too. :)

Talks are ongoing. Let me put it this way, no matter how my vote ends up falling, it will be with some level of support for the SN. I await word of the SLD party leadership's judgement. But I don't have all night either. I, too, shall decide by bedtime tonight.
By Zyx
True, Dan, but two things: 1) it's unlikely that 100 seats will remain the norm . . . after all, as *someone* pointed out, more seats than voters is stupid. 2) With only one seat, I couldn't affect policy at all.
Last edited by Zyx on 12 Apr 2009 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
By Dan
2) With only one seat, I couldn't affect policy at all.

Not true. The balance of this parliament is going to be very tight, whatever happens. In those sorts of situations where every votes counts, a single independent vote can gain a lot of influence as two sides compete over it.
By dilpill
*imagines the SLD and the PNL competing for Kumatto's vote*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Dr House
dilpill wrote:*imagines the SLD and the PNL competing for Kumatto's vote*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't give a shit if it results in my party being rendered useless. That's just not happening.

Do you think it's more dangerous for someone to r[…]

This is different from, say, your pro-Palestine p[…]

Race is a myth. Since there are no races, varia[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

French President Emmanuel Macron announced that U[…]