Flagship - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By MB.
So your saying Preditor pilots are unhappy, inexprienced and are defeated in combat?

What are you talking about? Predator pilots? what?

Or perhaps they should create a Plane flagship and put the Airforce General on it to gain air supremacy.

Airpower is nothing like seapower the two are completely different. What a ridiculous idea.

What is an Admiral going to do on his flagship?

He's going to command his fleet to a crushing victory over his numerically superior technologically sophisticated naval minded traditionalist opponents in one of the most incredible and decisive naval battles ever fought.
By Oxymoron
I am saying 21th century warfare has evolved.

There is no need for a Flagship.

He's going to command his fleet to a crushing victory over his numerically superior technologically sophisticated naval minded traditionalist opponents in one of the most incredible and decisive naval battles ever fought.

So not only do you want to buy a Battle ship but you want to clone Horatio Nelson.
By MB.

In what was has warfare evolved and what has it evolved from? How is the supposed evolution of 21st century warfare related to the fundamental principles of naval warfare?

Where did you get this absurd idea from?

So not only do you want to buy a Battle ship but you want to clone Horatio Nelson.

Are you suggesting that your naval commanders will do anything less than what I expect them to do in a combat situation? ie, annihilate the enemy?
By Oxymoron
How is the supposed evolution of 21st century warfare related to the fundamental principles of naval warfare?

Well GPS, Computers, reliable communications, automated systems things like that.
By MB.
Well GPS, Computers, reliable communications, automated systems things like that.

How do any of these technologies change the principles of naval warfare?
By Dr House
MistyTiger wrote:Aren't we a developing country?

We're an underindustrialized petro-state, but we're developed.
By MistyTiger
Dr House wrote:We're an underindustrialized petro-state, but we're developed.

We're developed, but we're not. That's oxymoronic. :lol:
By Figlio di Moros
MB. wrote:How do any of these technologies change the principles of naval warfare?

Because we can communicate quickly without a flagship, and our fleet's never going far from shore. Does that answer your question?
By MB.
Because we can communicate quickly without a flagship, and our fleet's never going far from shore. Does that answer your question?

Not at all. Your answer explains why you're not really interested in a navy at all but instead a collection of radio controlled toys for the coast guard.

I just want to add how fucking hilarious and typical it is that the communists immediately propose legislation to build submarines completely irrespective of the PoFo nation's geostrategic position, capability, status, etc.
By Dr House
MistyTiger wrote:We're developed, but we're not.

We're developed in the sense that we're a very high-income country (although something like a third of our GDP gets siphoned offshore), but we don't have a mature industrial sector, resulting in a very high level of inequality and urban poverty. Our only significantly productive industry besides mineral extraction is shipbuilding.
By Figlio di Moros
MB. wrote:Not at all. Your answer explains why you're not really interested in a navy at all but instead a collection of radio controlled toys for the coast guard.

Who said anything about RC? You planning on racing boats? Try and keep up; You have a ship recieving orders from shore, who knows as much as an admiral aboard a flagship would have known in the based based on the advancement in information technology. Big difference from RC coastees.

I just want to add how fucking hilarious and typical it is that the communists immediately propose legislation to build submarines completely irrespective of the PoFo nation's geostrategic position, capability, status, etc.

Uh... we've all been in unanimous agreement, with exception from thunderhawk who wants more Airplanes. Subs work pretty well.
By Suska
Because we will have Mechas
By Tailz
I support this motion MB, we should outfit this fine boat with the best guns known to mankind, then go fishing off the coast of Somala - fishing for pirates!
By MB.
we should outfit this fine boat with the best guns known to mankind, then go fishing off the coast of Somala - fishing for pirates!

:rockon:
By Thunderhawk
Uh... we've all been in unanimous agreement, with exception from thunderhawk who wants more Airplanes. Subs work pretty well.

And destroyers/frigates. Something has to sink interlopping fishing trawlers.

[typo:frigates]
Last edited by Thunderhawk on 06 Jun 2009 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
By ingliz
The Green paper:

A Green Paper on "Proposed changes in Maritime Defence Policy"

The Navy:

I see it as a defensive force made up mostly of the new generation of anti-ship/attack diesel electric submarines, 2 or 3 frigates, corvettes, patrol boats, mine sweepers/mine layers and support vessels with a small force of marines. I do not see the need for a 'blue water' navy. I envisage a standing force of approx 12,000 men with the capabilty of mobilising a 20,000 man reserve.

The 'minimum' Pofo Navy

Naval warfare flotillas capable of monitoring sea areas, maritime traffic and fisheries, and of engaging surface and underwater targets both in coastal waters and on the open sea, in addition to possessing a mine laying/clearance capability.

Two submarine flotillas capable of the covert monitoring of sea areas, intelligence gathering and the engagement of both underwater and surface targets.

Two amphibious battalions capable of monitoring coastal and inshore areas and of engaging both surface and underwater targets.

Two naval bases with two maritime base battalions and one maritime surveillance and information battalion capable of monitoring Pofo territorial waters and supporting other units with food and other supplies.

Command and control unit for the coordination and command of forces composed of different units.

ps. Mine laying/clearance capability - We are going to be laying a lot of sophisticated remote/sensor activated mines around our coast
By Doomhammer
I couldn't help but notice that we are located on the Northern Atlantic, sort of. I propose that we also have several ships with ice-breaking capabilities to have a claim in the Arctic. We can't let Canada, Norway and Russia monopolize the riches of the North Pole.

I propose the PoFo navy maintains at least several ice-breaker ships.
By Figlio di Moros
Doomhammer wrote:I couldn't help but notice that we are located on the Northern Atlantic, sort of. I propose that we also have several ships with ice-breaking capabilities to have a claim in the Arctic. We can't let Canada, Norway and Russia monopolize the riches of the North Pole.

I propose the PoFo navy maintains at least several ice-breaker ships.

We're south of Iceland, west of France/Britian... we have no claim on the Artic circle.

Igliz, that proposal sounds good, although I request we put money into R&D for hydrogen production & fuel-stack powered subs, as well as the creation of a plan to increase our naval airforce and build aircraft carriers(defensable carriers).

While we're having a military discussion, what's our network-intellegence capabilities?
By Doomhammer
We're south of Iceland, west of France/Britian... we have no claim on the Artic circle.

Not with that attitude and without ice-breakers, anyhow. There is plenty of sea we can claim but we need the right sort of navy to project our power (over... Iceland, lol) in the Arctic circle. We can always go around Iceland's continental-shelf and national waters and claim a contiguous zone of water stretching to the pole.

;)

Where there is a will, there is a way.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://youtu.be/iyv3BefvgYQ

World War II Day by Day

“These are the times that try men’s souls. The sum[…]

Wow, maybe "all" jobs have gone to ille[…]

No it doesn't. This conviction has nothing to do […]