Vote for the PM (SLD/PNL/PUC/CA) only. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Obviously the negotiations are going rather ineffectually, so lets vote on the PM first. All members of the 4 coalition partners can vote.

1.SLD (Para)

2.PNL (Dave)

3.PUC (Nets)

4.CA (Dan)

Lets end voting Thursday afternoon. The person with most votes will be the PM.
By Ombrageux
I don't think we should vote for the Prime Minister. That should be left up to the coalition negotiators only, although really, I think the SLD has the post by virtue of it having the biggest vote.
By Dave
I would rather this be the product of negotiation rather than majority vote, but if it's to be the letter the PNL casts all of its ballots for me (shocking)

I would also echo that the SLD should probably get the post
By Oxymoron
don't think we should vote for the Prime Minister. That should be left up to the coalition negotiators only, although really, I think the SLD has the post by virtue of it having the biggest vote.

You dont have a large enough lead, and your party has proven to be very devisive when dealing with others. If its not the PNL then it should be the PUC with the Prime Minister.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Lets not fuck up any of the coalition talks by getting ahead of ourselves. First we must form a coalition and then we can choose a PM.
By Dave
Oxymoron wrote: You dont have a large enough lead, and your party has proven to be very devisive when dealing with others.

That's just Gnote

Oxymoron wrote: If its not the PNL then it should be the PUC with the Prime Minister.

But then we'll be ruled by... :eek:
By Gnote
There hasn't been a coalition struck, let alone any agreement on how offices and cabinet posts will be distributed.
By Oxymoron
Lets not fuck up any of the coalition talks by getting ahead of ourselves

The SLD is fucking up the talks with unrealistic preconditions, either they start negotiating in good faight or we vote.
By Gnote
Oxy, you seem to forget the position you're bargaining from, which is not at all strong.

It makes perfect sense that the largest party to the coalition retains the office of the PM, and likely some of the key cabinet posts as well.
By Oxymoron
Oxy, you seem to forget the position you're bargaining from, which is not at all strong.

:eh: We along with the CA have 20 seats, how many do you have?

It makes perfect sense that the largest party to the coalition retains the office of the PM, and likely some of the key cabinet posts as well

Perhaps it does make sence if the largest party actually wanted a coalition, rather then us just join your party which is basically your position. We will compromise but we will not throw our principles out the door.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
It makes perfect sense that the largest party to the coalition retains the office of the PM, and likely some of the key cabinet posts as well.

Perfectly reasonable, but let us not forget that if any of the four parties were to leave, there would be no coalition at all. While the SLD is a very important part of the coalition, they cannot have a monopoly on government positions.
By Gnote
So if you don't want a coalition with the SLD, why did you start a thread designed to choose a Prime Minister?
By Oxymoron
We do want a coalition, but we are not willing to become backup dancers to your agenda. If you want to form a goverment then the SLD must compromise. I havent seen that capability from anyone in the SLD which would make me question a SLD PM.

If you think you have such a majority, then you wouldnt mind a simple vote.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
So if you don't want a coalition with the SLD, why did you start a thread designed to choose a Prime Minister?

We do. I think what Oxy means to say is that he's growing impatient with some of your more unreasonable demands. Nonetheless, the PNL is definitely looking forward to a coalition government with the SLD.

I havent seen that capability from anyone in the SLD which would make me question a SLD PM.

Again, lets not get ahead of ourselves here Oxy. Many in the SLD have been perfectly reasonable. Okonkwo, Attica, Paradigm, and Dillpill come to mind. I would not mind any of those people becoming the coalition PM.
By Gnote
So you want a coalition with a party that you've seen no reason to agree with?

And you want it so much that you're willing to skip the part about principles and policies and go right to the part about electing the Prime Minister?

I think all other parties should reconsider coalescing with a party made up of people who make decisions in this manner.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Dave wrote:I would also echo that the SLD should probably get the post
By Oxymoron
So you want a coalition with a party that you've seen no reason to agree with?

We can compromise on somethings but we will not bend over backwards and say thank you. We are prepared to negotiate in good faight if you are.

And you want it so much that you're willing to skip the part about principles and policies and go right to the part about electing the Prime Minister?

I dont see any progress, I thought perhaps with a pragmatic leader in charge of the coalition we can actually start progressing in our policy negotiations.

I think all other parties should reconsider coalescing with a party made up of people who make decisions in this manner.

There is no goverment without this coalition.
By Gnote
Oxy wrote:There is no goverment without this coalition.

This should be changed in short order, and likely will be.
By Dave
Gnote wrote:This should be changed in short order, and likely will be.

:eh:
By Oxymoron
This should be changed in short order, and likely will be.

If thats how you want to play this, then be my guest. I think you should have stayed retired for the sake of the SLD and the sake of the nation Gnote.

we're now talking about harassment of students i[…]

A nation is a race In what language are these w[…]

Terrorist strategy is not to defeat an enemy with[…]

I agree with this message. Here's another one t[…]