Rumours of a general strike in Pofograd - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Hello old friends. Many of you know me as a member of the Liberty Caucus, or from my gigantic mansion in Pofograd (well of course I have mansions all over our fair country, and many servants and beautiful women living in them) or perhaps from my great philanthropic works, or the many treatises and novels I have written on a wide array of topics, but today I come to you in another capacity, that of messenger, and I must confess it is not good news. While travelling to visit my home in Pofograd I spoke at length with a number of my colleagues and friends in that area, and they all seem adamantly convinced there will soon be a general strike in this town. Worker unrest is high and the labour unions continue to press unrealistic demands upon the beleagured industrialists, already suffering from the rough economic times we are under. I fear the worst, and since we all know that forewarned is forearmed, I hope you make of this knowledge what you can. This will be tragic for all involved, but I have warned you all many times of the dangers posed by those parasitic organizations known as unions.
By Zyx
Comrade, the masses of our populace, have voiced by their honor, a consummate pride, for the current state of the union. We had overcome a monstrous dictator, ever inspired by UPF speakers, who challenged this monster, in a field of words and armaments.

Your uprising here. Silly and belligerent. Our masses have not only just returned from a war! Our masses yearn for the blood of more royalists!

The people have gained a voice, a loud voice through the UPF, they will not be silenced once again. We'll fight, teeth and nail, all out, full blown! We'll fight. So, if you do not wish to call down, your speck of people, then I say, "Have at thee!" Have at thee, Royalist scum!

*fires an AK round into the ceiling of the Parliament.*
By Demosthenes
"Zyx, no calm down..."

*passes Zyx another belt of ammo*

"No. Don't. Shoot. Him."
By Zyx
"Uhh . . . shoot him? . . . umm . . . shoot him?"

*sweats profusely as he, Zyx, the "war hero," points a gun at a fellow human being for the first time.*

"No, no! I shouldn't, you should have the first shot, Demosthenes. You've more war badges than I!"

*shoves the machine gun in Demosthenes' possession.*
By Holt
Lovely. And yet you wonder why libertarians are always despised and irrelevant.
Last edited by Holt on 21 May 2009 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
By Vladimir
The Unions pursue chipping away at the parasitic class' theft trophies known as "profits" whether or not or "philanthropist" friends at Liberty Caucus like it or not. Your class has outlived its purpose, you are on your way to the dustbin of history, and your utopia has been dead for a century.
By Oxymoron
Fake story by CC, as it is not in the right thread and not made by a reputable source. Isnt that correct Demo?
By Demosthenes
We'll leave that to the diserning reader to say for sure, but no...this did not go through the proper news channels and is not considered official by the PoFo Daily Gazette.
By Gnote
Tabloid BS. :)
By Vladimir
Onotole is watching you, %username%.

By Donna
Demos,

My news story about Thomas Ryan is considered official, right?
By Demosthenes
canadiancapitalist wrote:Oh I see, I'm not allowed to play this game? Fine by me.

Yes, but it has been understood since the official newspaper went up, and the GM thread came into effect, that "news" had to be cleared through the GM and/or council to be considered "official".

Anyway, you guys didn't even bother to vote on the SN-RF confidence motion so I don't think you have really been "playing" anyway. :roll:
By canadiancapitalist
Yes, but it has been understood since the official newspaper went up, and the GM thread came into effect, that "news" had to be cleared through the GM and/or council to be considered "official".

That's really lame, that you guys think you can just make up whatever rules you want. This game sucks.
By Shah
I agree, we should work to overthrow the government, especially that Eagles fan Demo. Wait, that wouldn't be canon either.. :| .
By Demosthenes
canadiancapitalist wrote:That's really lame, that you guys think you can just make up whatever rules you want. This game sucks.

No, what's really lame is the chaos we had earlier which precipitated a need for someone do actually do something constructive.

Again I point to the fact that:

Demosthenes wrote:Anyway, you guys didn't even bother to vote on the SN-RF confidence motion so I don't think you have really been "playing" anyway. :roll:
By canadiancapitalist
No, what's really lame is the chaos we had earlier which precipitated a need for someone do actually do something constructive.

Seriously, get over yourself. This is a game. Nothing constructive will happen here. We will type, and we will chat, and some of us will have a good time. I was kind of enjoying myself, until you came along and told me I couldn't play.
Last edited by Siberian Fox on 28 May 2009 19:16, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Insult deleted. Yellow card.
By Demosthenes
No one told you you couldn't play.

I guess it's out of the question that you actually try to play along with everyone else? Your ego, the giant thing that is, can't take it, I guess?
By canadiancapitalist
No one told you you couldn't play.

Yeah, you did, just a few posts ago. Now you're lying to me about it.

No it doesn't. This conviction has nothing to do […]

Wow, maybe "all" jobs have gone to illeg[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The arrogance of Volodymyr Zelensky is incredible.[…]

Are you having fun yet Potemkin? :lol: How coul[…]