DEE Calls for Kyoto Agreement - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Almost the entire industrialized world - over 180 nations - have signed on to the Kyoto Protocols. This agreement is essentially to lower greenhouse gasses over a period of time.

Given our nation's period in development, reliance on fossil fuels, and size, I am not calling for an instant ratification of Kyoto. Instead, I suggest that we set our own time table, promising to meet emissions standards by 10 years. This post-Kyoto deadline gives us time to get our affairs in order, without outright slashing of our current production.

I hope this compromise is fair to everyone. During these 10 years, it will not be a burden on the citizens. The DEE's initiatives will reduce our footprint as much as possible without impacting industry or services, and replace polluting industry and energy with clean institutions. The price will be from our budget, not your pockets.

Things like clean power plants, rail and public transit, and other initiatives will bear most of the burden.

Trump still has sentencing. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]