Events- Discussion (All) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
This is pretty self evident isn't it?

Shall the GM (in a reduced role) and the council put forth events that have national consequnces. Some seemed interested in this when it was mentioned before, others did not.

Judging by the fact that a majority of the MPs did not even vote in the last two motions, it might add something else to be discussed and dealt with.

Please share your opinion, note that though this isn't a vote, I will note the popularity of the concept.
By Doomhammer
It'll be like one of those random events in Paradox games. I like the idea.

We should have diplomatic crises and whatnot. Natural disasters, acts of terrorism, revolts etc.

All good.
By Donna
Judging by the fact that a majority of the MPs did not even vote in the last two motions,

The Clerk frankly needs to slow down.

Why are commies always in a rush? Take it down a notch, boys.
Last edited by Donna on 02 Jun 2009 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
By Zyx
Not something too extreme too often. We don't need a dozen robot attacks, this isn't Sim City.
By Figlio di Moros
No, Zyx, but we should always be prepared in case Godzilla confuses us with Japan; I mean, he attacked NYC, for science's sake, what makes you think he'll not atleast remember Tokyo's on an island next time?
By Oxymoron
I think there should be some reporting on the affects of motions passed. There should be some internal activities and issues brought up, international events should be addressed and each resolution should have a followup.
By Demosthenes
I agree, Oxy and that is part of what I was thinking, the issue there of course is, how to interpet the effects of each bill in as constructive and non-partisan a manner as possible.

For instance, the just past labor bill could have many implications.

Labor could become quite happy. Labor could be pissed that it didn't go far enough. Business leaders could be extremely pissed and either campaign or take actual steps against the ruling government....

Not to mention a whole host of other scenarios.

I had in mind to create some table and charts with the help of some of the rest of the council that would make the whole process more objective in general, but it would require a lot of imagination and input from a wide variety of gm sourses.

Otherwise I can wing it, but someone somewhere will call me biased or my own party will blame me for pandering to you guys. :hmm:
By ingliz
The Clerk frankly needs to slow down

It is a difficult balance to strike. If you slow things down people say you are doing nothing and killing the game. If you decide to move things along people say you are "rushing".

You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I called the vote because no interest was shown in either piece of legislation, no amendments offered and no real debate on the Employment bill, they were just sitting there. The Revenue bill was not up for formal debate anyway, it either passed or failed as was, but not even one comment in passing. :lol:
By Thunderhawk
I support the idea of disasters.

Shall the GM (in a reduced role) and the council put forth events that have national consequnces. Some seemed interested in this when it was mentioned before, others did not.

Heh, I initially thought you were talking about General Motors.

So which white race do you belong to? Well my an[…]

Note that my argument does not centre around not[…]

In order for me to believe someone is being sarca[…]

This morning, International Criminal Court Prosec[…]