Billionaire Bloomberg: "Americans should eat Lentils and let their pets die to cope with inflation" - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Steve_American wrote:

"I don't know about you, but both statements seem perfectly clear. Maybe Bluto's problem is that he doesn't have even a layman's grasp of economic jargon."

No, YOU DO KNOW what my problem with it is. Go back and read it. He posts data, doesn't post a methodology, how he weighs data, how he just eliminates data. He just posts graphs and you think they're like manna from heaven.
BlutoSays wrote:"I don't know about you, but both statements seem perfectly clear. Maybe Bluto's problem is that he doesn't have even a layman's grasp of economic jargon."

No, YOU DO KNOW what my problem with it is. Go back and read it. He posts data, doesn't post a methodology, how he weighs data, how he just eliminates data. He just posts graphs and you think they're like manna from heaven.

I now know that Bluto confused me with what he wrote. He didn't mean the 1st paragraph in the block that he quoted just above what he wrote. He meant the 1st paragraph somewhere above that block that he had just above where he 1st said mumbo jumbo.
It is now clear that by mumbo jumbo he meant that Prof. Mitchell honestly said that he had modified the IMF data to create his graph that showed no evidence that inflation is related to the amount of covid spending. My response is =>

1] OK, he may have totally worked to create the false graph that he wanted. I have no way of knowing if this is what he did. But then, much of what Bluto believes has also been cherry picked or modified, or is just a lie IMHO at least. He believes it on trust.
2] It then becomes a question of who does one trust.
3] I have asserted that Bluto and I trust totally different sources of info. From this it follows =>
. . . a] I will trust Bill not to cook the books to lie to me about his view of the world.
. . . b] Bluto will just assert that it is all a lie or better in his eyes find a place to show where the lie was inserted.
. . . c] That Bluto does not fact check deeply every assertion of fact that he sees in those sources that he trusts. He believes things and posts here those things based on his trust in his sources.
Oh my! False equivalencies are no way to govern. Inflation is caused by:

1. The FED printing ENTIRELY TOO MUCH MONEY to support ‘emergency spending’ (you print 40% more money and you get a 40% move in the price level) 2, Misguided Energy Policy 3. Putin and Xi as accelerants

— Kyle Bass (@Jkylebass) May 14, 2022

- - -

The newly created Disinformation Board should review this tweet, or maybe they need to form a new Non Sequitur Board instead. Raising corp taxes is fine to discuss. Taming inflation is critical to discuss. Mushing them together is just misdirection. https://t.co/ye4XiNNc2v

— Jeff Bezos (@JeffBezos) May 14, 2022

Trump found guilty in hush money trial

Hello, America. I'm Donald John Trump. 45th Pres[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]

World War II Day by Day

So long as we have a civilization worth fighting […]

My opinion is that it is still "achievable&qu[…]