Gas prices $5 a gallon soon? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
late wrote:After all that BS and whining, prices are going down.

Since Bluto blamed Biden, I am sure he will give Biden credit, any second now...

^^Remember, when something goes wrong in the circus, they send in the clowns to distract the audience.

Well, something has gone very wrong with this circus and the clowns are everywhere.

late wrote:I remember the Boy That Cried Biden..

Kinda the problem when you never tell the truth, isn't it..

I remember democrats who make up stories all day and then never prove any of them. Pee tape? Russia collusion? Insurrection? Anonymous sources? Unnamed staffers? The Peter Strzok/Lisa Paige "Insurance" chat?

You too, are a DNC hack. Do you at least get paid for it?
BlutoSays wrote:
You too, are a DNC hack.

I really wish you could pay attention. I am critical of Democrats on an almost daily basis. But since I don't do propaganda, it clearly goes right over your head.
late wrote:I really wish you could pay attention. I am critical of Democrats on an almost daily basis. But since I don't do propaganda, it clearly goes right over your head.

You ARE propaganda.
Oil prices dropped 8% over the last week. Biden must also be responsible for that, huh?
Godstud wrote:Oil prices dropped 8% over the last week. Biden must also be responsible for that, huh?

Yes, you are correct. Demand is down for gasoline. Because of the cost of gasoline (and everything else, because energy and trasportation are a component of almost every product and service), many people are canceling their summer vacations.

Brilliant! By attacking petroleum and jacking up the price, consumers responded and did what you tree huggers wanted them to do; used less gasoline.

I can see that campaign headline now: Impeach Biden and get your vacations back! :lol:
Now it has to do with demand, and not Biden? I think you're just changing things to suit a moronic narrative.

When it's BAD it's Biden. When it's GOOD, it can't be Biden.

:lol:
Godstud wrote:The highest gas prices in USA are not $6 or $7. It is $5.24 in Hawaii and CA.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... tes%20face,)%20and%20Washington%20(%244.65).

People in other countries are already paying over $5/gal.

The US economy is not going to crash. That's fear-mongering. Can you post a source for this information?

Try posting some facts, and a source with your posts. Posting false information isn't a good start.

I can also see that this is just another American trying to blame Biden for everything, when gas prices are mostly to blame. The price of oil is around $1.05 USD/barrel.
https://oilprice.com/

The price per gallon is about $4.75/gal in Thailand and $5.40/gal in Canada. Explain that before trying to blame Biden for high gas prices. Biden does not affect WORLDWIDE gas prices, but here you are implying that. :eh:

LOLOL - Idiot-shit shuts down pipelines, shuts down ANWR, attacks drilling and refining, plays games with licenses and permitting for oil and natural gas producers, and now, he's going to run over to Saudi Arabia and beg them to drill for more oil. :roll: :lol:

He can't undo any of his RIDICULOUS executive orders and edicts because that gives him no way to save face and he's beholden to the Sierra Club. Can't make this shit up!
Things like climate change and air pollution have been known problems for decades now.

It is clear that we need to stop using fossil fuels, and if we have not already done so by now, we have only ourselves to blame.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Things like climate change and air pollution have been known problems for decades now.

It is clear that we need to stop using fossil fuels, and if we have not already done so by now, we have only ourselves to blame.

They're brainwashed.

Or paid..
YUP. Everything I expect from a psych major. Clearly out of their depth. When you're unable to do anything else... psychology, sociology, ethnic studies or journalism. :lol:
Godstud wrote:Oil prices dropped 8% over the last week. Biden must also be responsible for that, huh?

AMLO and PEMEX are going to respond to US needs. The gas in Mexico is lower in price than in the USA right now and Texans are doing runs to Mexico for gas. Lol.

Baby formula, gas, Mexican medications and dental work, soon a lot of border runs are going to be US citizens fleeing high food prices buying tortillas, beans and chiles in Mexico and bread too. Those are price controlled. Tortilla masa or dough is enriched with folic acid, b vitamins and thiamine to make sure everyone has basic nutrition. They have to keep it cheap due to a law to avoid hunger in Mexico.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... gas-prices
    CLAIM: The Keystone XL pipeline cancellation caused the current high gas prices.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The Keystone XL crude oil pipeline wasn’t yet operational when it was canceled in 2021, and wasn’t expected to be running until 2023. Rather, experts say gas prices are high due to other factors such as the global spike in the cost of crude oil and increased demand after pandemic lockdowns ended.

THE FACTS: Social media users are pointing to President Joe Biden’s decision to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline in January 2021 as a major reason for high gas prices in the U.S. in recent weeks. Gas prices have reached record highs since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

A meme posted on Facebook last week, which now has over 20,000 shares, reads: “Facts: If they didn’t shut down our pipelines we wouldn’t be paying $7 for gas.”

“So the guy who closed the Keystone pipeline on Day one, wants us to believe it’s Russia’s fault for the gas crisis,” says another Facebook post.

This persistent narrative has been spreading on social media since the early days of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, along with false claims that all other U.S. oil pipelines have also been shut down. That is not the case. Experts tell The Associated Press that the Keystone XL pipeline cancellation isn’t affecting what’s happening in the oil market today. It was never operational when it was shut down, and was not slated to go into service until 2023, according to a press release from TC Energy, the company constructing the project.

“Problem with the Keystone: It’s like saying a highway that was built but never completed is somehow making your commute to work way longer. You never got to ride on that highway. It was never opened. It was never relied on,” said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy.com, referring to the Keystone XL pipeline.

….(article continues)

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-895299166310

We could cancel all upcoming pipeline projects and it would not affect the price.
@Pants-of-dog,
You wrote: " “Problem with the Keystone: It’s like saying a highway that was built but never completed is somehow making your commute to work way longer. You never got to ride on that highway. It was never opened. It was never relied on,” said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy.com, referring to the Keystone XL pipeline."

If I may I would improve your quote.
“Problem with the Keystone: It’s like saying a highway that was built but never completed is somehow making your current commute to work way longer, than it would have been in 2023. While true, it doesn't matter a hill of beans in the now. You never got to ride on that highway. It was never opened. It was never relied on.” edited from Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy.com, referring to the Keystone XL pipeline.

______________________________________._________________________________

Also, Texas Paul asserts that all US refineries are operating at their functional full capacity. Therefore, pumping more oil will have zero effect on US refinery output. It, therefore, makes sense to reduce the world's oil prices by exporting excess US crude oil being pumped out of the ground. Then, the US can buy refined oil products back at lower prices when it needs more of a specific refined oil product, be it gasoline or diesel, etc.

World War II Day by Day

May 22, Wednesday Bletchley Park breaks Luftwaf[…]

You might be surprised and he might wind up being[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]