Ray Dalio says it out loud. The US can not pay off the national debt with hard (aka tax) money. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
He says it in the 1st 10 sec. He says that the year 1933 is a perfect example. Having a surplus causes a depression and so the surplus is always ended. Period.

Ray has predicted a period of stagflation, because AFAIK, the Fed will raise interest rates and cause a recession with high inflation continuing.

He is asked later, if the Fed can't do anything to stop inflation without causing a depression, then what can the Fed. do? He doesn't answer, and instead he answers a different question.

It being, what should one, as a rich investor, do to respond to this situation? He seemed to say diversify and gat out of US bonds.

OK. Is he right? Is there a different response to the current inflation?

My answer is Yes, there is a different response. Based on my understanding of MMT economics this is my solution =>
1] Start a temporary UBI to help Americans buy gas and food.
. . a] This will provide the wholesalers to have more dollars to buy more oil and food on the world market to sell to Americans.
2] The Fed should increase its US bond purchases to keep bond yields high or closer to the rate of inflation.
3] The Gov. should act to take steps to untangle the supply chains so the shortages are ended.
4] The Gov. should act to force the rich owners of corps to accept lower profit margins. This is obviously going to be necessary because profit rates can't keep going up forever. At some point they have to fall, this might as well be that point. I can say with certainty that the rate of profit can't ever reach 1000% and in fact can't ever reach 100% or even 40%.

Will any of my plan happen? It seems very unlikely.

It is said that when peaceful protests are not enough to get change, then sooner or later the stressed or starving people will resort to violence. The US has more guns than people.

If it still says "This video is unavailable" remove the [==] to see it, maybe.
https://www.you[==]tube.com/watch?v=WP7Z1MKNZSM&list=TLPQMjUwNDIwMjJdC1aGWX0RXQ&index=5

Not sure about what genocide you're referring to, […]

Not all classification of living organisms is arb[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Pu[…]

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]