Is the post-colonial discrimination... - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is the post-colonial discrimination against whites in Africa justifiable?

Yes
7%
No
72%
Maybe
7%
Other
15%
By Nets
^ This is purely speculative.
By Beren
What is purely speculative, Nets? The idea that you become the same kind of person basically if you are grown up the same way? Or are you just teasing me again?
By Dr House
It would be very difficult for Che to grow up the exact same way in South Africa as he did in Argentina.
By Aekos
Enough about Che. :p

It makes sense that after decades of being oppressed African blacks would lynch African whites. They are in the position of power and can do practically whatever they want to the helpless minority. What makes no sense if why anyone would defend this barbarism, defending these acts of savagery is no better than defending the KKK.
By Beren
Dr House wrote:It would be very difficult for Che to grow up the exact same way in South Africa as he did in Argentina.

Well, he should have been born in another country actually, since he was born in Argentina not in Cuba. However, you yourself would be more-or-less yourself in Africa too, if you had been raised by the same kind of parents, the same kind of way, etc.
Last edited by Beren on 27 Oct 2009 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
By Aekos
Beren, there's a thing called an environment, a racial and ethnic identity, a language, a culture, a history...your comments are astounding.
By Beren
The most important things are your family-background and your own basic personality.
Last edited by Beren on 27 Oct 2009 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
By Aekos
Both are shaped by your environment. You think that one is born with his personality?
By Beren
Born with his basic personality, yes. And the same kind of parents raise their children the same way everywhere.
By Le Rouge
My ideas are not traitorous to the class I belong to--the oppressed people of the world. I have no desire to be 'colonized' because I am already from the poor working class and understand oppression and the necessity of it's universal abolition. And there is no 'us', dave. You are petty-bourgeoisie. I am working class. There is no unity.
By Dave
You are a white American, which far transcends your alleged class identity. Get over it.
By Le Rouge
Race and "racial interests" do not exist. :roll: And I am not a "white American". I'm an admixture. My father's side is Dutch-Irish-Native American. My mother's side is English-Native American. The Irish were at no point on equal terms with Anglo-Saxons or Scandinavians in America. And as for my Native ancestors, I have no need to describe their plight.
By Dave
Le Rouge wrote:Race and "racial interests" do not exist. :roll: And I am not a "white American". I'm an admixture. My father's side is Dutch-Irish-Native American. My mother's side is English-Native American. The Irish were at no point on equal terms with Anglo-Saxons or Scandinavians in America. And as for my Native ancestors, I have no need to describe their plight.

Aside from the fact that race, and therefore racial interests, do exist, even by the insane leftist race denial position racial interests exist, as they consider race a social group. Any social group has a culture and group interests.

And please, do tell what percentage of your ancestry is Indian and share any tales about the discrimination Irish-Americans suffer from today.

On the other hand, your alleged class identity is an ideological construction which has some merit but does not define your social relations. What exactly do you have in common with a Cambodian proletarian? "Exploitation"? What a joke.
By Celtic Communism
There should be a recreation of the Boer Republics in a South African federation. I don't think multi-racial societies are good for all races in the long term, especially those races that have a history of conflict.
By Stormsmith
Beren:

I agree, those values of the parents are taught to the child.

If his family (in the hypothetical African model) had been black, Guevara would have known oppression intimately. If his family had been, as was his Argentinian family, descended from Spanish, Basque and Irish blood, then it is more likely Che would have had the same values on that continent too, than not. Young Che had been a motor-cycle riding med student when he met with the Castros. He could have lived a similar life in S Africa, and developed the same empathy for the oppressed.

Whether this would of compelled him to the front of the anti-apartheid battles I could not say, but I would bet a Krugerrand or two, he would have supported the movement, as opposed to being either ambivalent or adversarial.
Last edited by Stormsmith on 27 Oct 2009 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr House
There are no Spanish or Basque people in South Africa, and I don't think there are any Irishmen either.
By Stormsmith
What? your sitting on a set of SA telephone directories? Or does the ports of entry specifically deny entry to those three countries? Does FIFA know? :lol:
By Figlio di Moros
Considering he was fighting for the interests of Latin America, I'd say if he was born white in SA during apartheid, he'd have been just as supportive of it as the rest of the population, considering his self-interest.

Le Rouge, where in the durty durty are you from? Try moving to a black majority city, go to black clubs, etc. and tell me if you don't gain a little sympathy for the whites in SA.
By Dr House
Stormsmith wrote:What? your sitting on a set of SA telephone directories? Or does the ports of entry specifically deny entry to those three countries?

No, there was just never any history of Spanish or Irish settlement in South Africa. Ergo, the odds of a Spaniard or Irishman having kin roots in South Africa are nil.
By Stormsmith
Go get a directory. I think you'll find you're wrong.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The article IS the source, dumbnut. And its sour[…]

@FiveofSwords " because of your race &qu[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 5, Friday Chamberlain: Hitler has missed […]

And the question you need to ask yourself, whos f[…]