Our Created Solar System - Page 19 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Godstud wrote:You didn't read what I posted, obviously... Not surprising, either.

You worship the WORDS(literal) in the bible, and not the MEANING of the words. Can you understand the difference?

Are you child?

I am a wise old man with wisdom from the fear of the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:I am a wise old man with wisdom from the fear of the Lord.
You may be fearful, but you are not wise.

True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance. - Akhenaton

Knowledge is the treasure of a wise man. - William Penn

This is true, as well...
Godstud wrote:You may be fearful, but you are not wise.
True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance. - Akhenaton

Knowledge is the treasure of a wise man. - William Penn

This is true, as well...

Since I am the wise man, then are you the fool?
Saeko wrote:Everyone in this thread needs to chill. The discussion has devolved into personal attacks.

I agree, but Godstud started the personal attacks and name calling.
I attack your stupid ideas, lack of arguments, and your religion. You can't handle it because you don't know how to discuss or debate. You just cut and paste useless bible scriptures. That'd be like me posting random pics every time you asked me a question.

In response to your last question:
BOOOM!
Isaiah 5:21
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.

<drops mic>
Last edited by Godstud on 24 Apr 2016 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
Pages of useless set of personal attacks has stopped me from being sble to see if Saeko responded to our discussion or not and its tiring to go back page after page on mobile browser.

Daaarnnn you all.
Now where is my cookie.

LoL
Mmmmm. Cookie.
I wonder why cant we all just stop fighting.sit down. Relax and eat some cookies.
LoL.

Fun story.
When i lived in Jordan i had 2 parrots.
I named the male cookie and the female muffin.
I tried to set the mood for them to start dating (:p).
All so i can have a punch of cute little cookies.
But muffin kept beating the crap out of cookie.
She was too much of a badass pussy for hem to handle.
Good old times. Good old times. ( 3 years ago).
Let us get back on topic.

Our Created Moon

Don DeYoung is Chairman of the Department of Physical Science at Grace College, Winona Lake, Indiana. He has taught at Grace since 1972, with sabbatical leaves spent in San Diego and the South Pacific. Dr DeYoung is also on the faculty of the Institute for Creation Research, San Diego. Courses taught include physics, astronomy and mathematics. He speaks on creation topics and believes that the details of nature are a powerful testimony to the Creator's care for mankind.

Education
Michigan Tech University (B.S., M.S., Physics)
Iowa State University (Ph.D., Physics)
Grace Seminary (M.Div.)

Honors/Awards/Associations
Indiana Academy of Science
AuSable Environmental Institute
Creation Research Society
Institute for Creation Research
Warsaw Christian School Board

Publications
His writings have appeared in The Journal of Chemical Physics and The Creation Research Society Quarterly.

[youtube]6VsUI7dTllk[/youtube]

More on our created moon.

[youtube]Cioap21xfjY[/youtube]
Godstud wrote:Sorry I don't have a kitchy videos(from biased websites) for you, so you may have to read.

Multiple Lines of Evidence for an Old Universe
http://biologos.org/blogs/deborah-haars ... d-universe

No one knows that light left the galaxies 10 billion years ago. That is an unprovable assumption. I have provided evidence before that the speed of light has changed in the past and has been slowed down in lab conditions. The size of the universe shows God's glory to man, so that first evidence is bogus.

In fact, all those so-called evidences are bogus because they all are based on unproven assuptions. There are just as good evidence that the universe is just a few thousand years old.

[youtube]LCzXNZRgZUg[/youtube]
THAT IS NOT IRREFUTABLE PROOF, YOU ******* ******!

Take a grade 1 course and learn what science is!
Irrefutable Proof The Earth is Only 6000 Years Old

Recession of the Moon

1. The moon is currently an average 38,440,000,000 cm (384,400 km) away from the center of the Earth.

2. The moon recedes (moves further away) at 3.82±0.07 cm per year. This occurs because the moon causes tides, but the Earth rotates faster than the moon orbits, and thus the tidal bulges are "pulled" ahead, and thus the moon is "pulled" more by the gravity of the closer bulge, which increases its orbital speed, which moves it to a higher orbit. Conversely, this slows the Earth's rotation.

3. The Roche limit is a distance of 2.44 times a planet's radius, as measured from the center of the planet, within which an orbiting body, if chiefly held together by gravity, will be pulled apart. In Earth's case, it is about 1,840,000,000 cm (18,400 km).

If we assume that this rate was constant for the past 30,000 years, the moon would have moved 114,600 cm, or about 0.000298% of the total distance and 0.000313% of the distance to the Roche limit.

If we assume that this rate was constant for about 4,600,000,000 (4.6 bn) years (the accepted age of the Earth and the moon), the moon would have moved about 17,572,000,000 cm, or about 45.7% of the total distance and about 48.0% of the distance to the Roche limit.

And finally, if we assume that this rate was constant, it would take about 10,000,000,000 (10 bn) years for the moon to touch Earth.

Thus, it is definitively proven that, if we assume (as is posited in the video) that the rate is constant, the recession of the moon is not evidence for Young Earth creationism.

Since you are here. I have a little question about the moon in my mind.
How does the moon movement (moving away from earth) effect the earth's climate?
Because in ancient times in Egypt the moon was being imaged larger than it is today to some extent.
And back then Egypt and north africa and the middle east were literally forests and lakes and rivers.
So does the moon effect this change or is it only a cycle going again and again.
Basically does the moon effect the cycle in a way or its doesnt do much to it ??
So does the moon effect this change

Doubtful.

If we are talking about recorded history, the moon has barely moved.

Calculation:

Egyptian writing had a set of some 24 hieroglyphs by 2700 BC

The moon recedes at 3.82±0.07 cm per year.*

3.82cm x 4,700 = 17,954 cm = 0.17954 km

* Source: NASA
ingliz wrote:Recession of the Moon

1. The moon is currently an average 38,440,000,000 cm (384,400 km) away from the center of the Earth.

2. The moon recedes (moves further away) at 3.82±0.07 cm per year. This occurs because the moon causes tides, but the Earth rotates faster than the moon orbits, and thus the tidal bulges are "pulled" ahead, and thus the moon is "pulled" more by the gravity of the closer bulge, which increases its orbital speed, which moves it to a higher orbit. Conversely, this slows the Earth's rotation.

3. The Roche limit is a distance of 2.44 times a planet's radius, as measured from the center of the planet, within which an orbiting body, if chiefly held together by gravity, will be pulled apart. In Earth's case, it is about 1,840,000,000 cm (18,400 km).

If we assume that this rate was constant for about 4,600,000,000 (4.6 bn) years (the accepted age of the Earth and the moon), the moon would have moved about 17,572,000,000 cm.

According to your statement the Roche limit is 18,400 km which would be the closest the moon could have been to the earth without being torn to pieces. And your calculation says after 4,600,000,000 years, the moon would have moved away from the earth about 17,572,000,000 cm or 175,720,000 meters or 175,720 km.

The average distance separating Earth and the Moon (center to center) is 385,000 km (239,228 mi).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_distance_(astronomy)

175,720 km + 18,400 km = 194,120 km
I think this proves the point that the moon and the earth can be 4,600,000,000 years old because the moon would be within the current 385,000 km.

I think there must have been a miscalculation somewhere.

However, if the moon were 175,720 km closer that may have caused a problem with the emergence of life on earth.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://youtu.be/B8OL2t0-78I

@FiveofSwords " because of your race &qu[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 5, Friday Chamberlain: Hitler has missed […]

And the question you need to ask yourself, whos f[…]