I need 25 reasons why a democrat should be in office - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Dr House
I can't think of one, TBH. They'd just toss my money into useless projects and probably cause job losses both here and in many poor countries where people need them more.
By TexanDemocrat
useless projects...LOL

you didnt think stem cell was important, or was that in that aura?
By Truth-a-naut
Please tell me this isn't for some post-sec work. Please tell me this... even if you must lie.
By Oxymoron
1. So we can raise tax's
2. So we can have universal health care as economically responsible as SS
3. So that we have stringent green laws that force companies to close more factories.
4. So that we can expand the racist program of affrimative action

its a start.
By NoRapture
1. To cleanse the White House of dangerous, surly, insane religious zealots and war-profiteers even for just a little while...

2. To prove to the rest of the world there are still actual normal, reasoning people living here. And that we are not all indiscriminately, authority-worshipping, tranquilized, fear and anger oriented sheep...

3. To be a nation of laws once again. For those of us who remember what that was like...

4. To have a crack at un-institutionalizing torture. It is bad enough to be a nation that has refused to enforce Geneva regulations. It is a nightmare to live in one that actually promotes torture and secret imprisonment as policy.

5. To get an actual assessment of our economy from someone other than ex-white-collar felons and corporate lobbyists. I know it's bad. But it would be nice to actually gauge the badness for actual American citizens and not multi-national expatriots and traitors. (Sadly this isn't assured simply by putting a Democrat in the Whitehouse. But, who knows?)

6. To somehow get even one normal lawyer onto the Supreme Court who isn't owned by religious, right-wing witch-burners, multinational corporations, and various other children of the corn with guns and dollars who are roaming DC.

7. To perhaps find even a clue as to what actually happened on 9/11? The origins of the attack? The total extent of America's investigation of 9/11 was to have our president declare, "You're either with us or against us.", declare a war on a nation that our own intelligence clearly stated had absolutely nothing to do with it. (Before they were shitcanned by Cheney and Rumsfeld.), the word Islamo-Fascism was coined, and we were suddenly at war with Islam. Like overnight.

More later...I like this thread. The list is easy but I want to give some thought and comprehension to it.
By Grunch
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
8 years of Bush.
By Nattering Nabob
So Americans can stop pretending they're Canadian when in public.
By Dolphin
Because they wouldn't be a Republican x 25.
By Dan
Because guns are evil machines bent on killing everybody.

Because criminals are misunderstood and should be coddled. They are innocent victims of the guns which turn them into horrible killing machines against their will.

So we can leave Iraq because we want brown people to die in the horrible chaos the power vacuum will create.

So we can change.

So our international strategy can be based on hope.

Because the government should own your property.

Because contributing to society should be punished through taxes rather than rewarded through profit.

So that Americans can pretend they're enlightened by having a black millionaire or a female multi-millionaire as president.

Because international respect is gained by bowing to the whims of public opinion polls of spineless Europeans rather than by following through on your commitments.

Because having convictions is evil.

Because woman should have an unlimited right to have the state pay for the killing of their children.

Because Bush flew the planes into the WTC himself.

Because Cheney is the Penguin.

Because McCain had an illegitimate black baby.

Because a Supreme Court that consistently goes against the will of the majority of Americans and in complete disregard for the constitution is in the best interests of democracy and the constitution.

Because Democrats spying on Americans is essential for national security, but Republicans doing the same is tyranny.

Because the real enemies of freedom are not those who kill or imprison journalists but those who write to newspapers in protest of "art".

Because corruption is a virtue (if Hillary wins).

Because are enemies are not violent freedom-hating terrorists, they're just misunderstood.

Because the media told you to.

Because Fuck the South, that's why.

Because freedom is having the government tell you what to do.

Because your liberal arts professor told you to.

Because the Democrats are the party of the working class even though the rich donate far more to them than the rich do to Republicans.

Because people should be rewarded for not working and denigrated for having a job and believing others should ahve one as well.
By Abood
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan wins this thread.
By Nets
Dan, that was an awesome post.

I swear to god the more I read this board the more conservative I become. Its bad. Once I go back into the real world I find myself drifting back towards liberalism but five minutes on PoFo pushes me rightward pretty quickly. It is a mystery.
By Dan
Dan wins this thread.

Dan, that was an awesome post.

Thank you. I do try.

I swear to god the more I read this board the more conservative I become. Its bad. Once I go back into the real world I find myself drifting back towards liberalism but five minutes on PoFo pushes me rightward pretty quickly.

You're in university IIRC. If you are that's probably the reason; the group-think in universities makes even the most hardened conservative drift left unless he's actively guarding against the group-think.
World War II Day by Day

April 18, Thursday The rise of a canny classroom[…]

He's a parasite

Most slow learners learn, they just do it slowly. […]

Seems like the Left in Western European countri[…]

a good point here, i am sure we all agree on thi[…]