If races are not real, then you have to be logically consistent - Page 37 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@FiveofSwords

Tajima's D numbers

High (D>+2) = Low levels of polymorphisms, indicating a decrease in population size.

0 = Population evolving as per mutation-drift equilibrium.

Low (D<-2) = An excess of polymorphisms relative to expectation, indicating population size expansion.

Values greater than +2 or less than -2 are likely to be significant.

:)
Last edited by ingliz on 25 May 2024 07:54, edited 2 times in total.
FiveofSwords wrote:It would also be impossible for there to be any black person who is an outlier in any way. Social constructs do not have outliers...only things that have some sort of physical existence that can act in some unexpected way can possibly have an outlier. You could never say 'he is unusually good at chess for a black man'...because race being a social construct means that ALL black people are only exactly as good at chess as society expects them to be..

There can be such a thing as a false construct though . And furthermore you obviously know little to nothing about chess , as the board game was introduced to Europe by African Moors , and even today there are Chess masters whom are Black . Such as the two featured below . I think that more than nature , proficiency in gameplay is largely determined by culture . If there is a sizable and strong chess culture , such as exists in both Russia and India , for instance , where children typically begin learning at an early age , then there will be a greater likelihood of success beginning early on .

Deutschmania wrote:There can be such a thing as a false construct though . And furthermore you obviously know little to nothing about chess , as the board game was introduced to Europe by African Moors , and even today there are Chess masters whom are Black . Such as the two featured below . I think that more than nature , proficiency in gameplay is largely determined by culture . If there is a sizable and strong chess culture , such as exists in both Russia and India , for instance , where children typically begin learning at an early age , then there will be a greater likelihood of success beginning early on .

You clearly know nothing about berbers cause they aren't black. Also, what they played was not chess. Europeans drastically altered the rules and basically made it more interesting.
Sorry Five, you are wrong again. A lot of diversity in that region.

BTW, that woman on the right in the picture looks like a cousin of mine. Lol. My genes are there somewhere. But it could be an issue as @ingliz pointed out.

Hee hee.

You are hopeless Sword. Your racist theories that are invalid you will not get rid of.

Maybe you need to read some books about Caledonia. But know more about that land than @Potemkin does? Lol. I doubt it. :lol:
Bill_Nye wrote:This thread is officially reminding me of this:

:lol:

Well I must say at least Five man tries hard to sound like he is on the track of truth, justice and wanting to leave America behind but he needs money, and a plan and some nation willing to take in racist Neo Nazis from the South of the USA. Any takers?

i am afraid trying to overthrow the government of some small nation in the world is going to be hard. The land has been mapped out and staked out by now. There is always some frozen tundra in Greenland or some uninhabitable land in Canada...

Go for Idaho...

Bill Nye where are you from? Where did you get your curiosity about the world? You made me laugh. I need to take my mind off of the water issue I have.
Tainari88 wrote:Bill Nye where are you from? Where did you get your curiosity about the world? You made me laugh. I need to take my mind off of the water issue I have.

Glad I made you laugh :lol:. I'm from California. I got a lot of my curiosity about the world from reading history as a kid. I'm particularly fond of the ancient Mesopotamian empires like the Sumerians, Babylonians, etc.
FiveofSwords wrote:Thanks for confirming that you don't get it

Tajima's D reflects the expansion or contraction of population size, the strength of selection, and population structure. It is usually used to test whether the population follows three assumptions: (i) constant population size over time, (ii) neutral evolution, and (iii) no population structure.

:)

* Fumio Tajima, Statistical method for testing the neutral mutation hypothesis by DNA polymorphism. Genetics, 123 (1989), pp. 585-595

I will still try to explain it like you are 5

1. A high number usually means selection has strengthened and the population has fallen due to environmental changes or disease.

2(a) A low number means selection has weakened and the population has risen after a random mutation has been selected that mitigates the effects of changes in the environment or disease.

It should quickly revert to 3

2(b) Of course, it could also mean that because the population was so low after mitigation they started fucking their neighbours.

They should become one population and revert to 3.

3. A middling number shows everything is hunky-dory.

;)
FiveofSwords wrote:And I am sure that despite your reading you know nothing about them. Because when I am shown to be ignorant, I project my insecurity on everyone else to cover my own incompetence. That is my technique. Cover my ignorance telling others they are ignorant instead. A childish technique I know--but if I were intelligent I would be able to counter with substance. I can't do that. I am sunk.

Fixed it for you. :lol:
FiveofSwords wrote:First of all, the usa was never a nation state.

No, but it was composed of 150 different cultures and a hundred languages.... before Europeans arrived and committed muliple genocides over the course of 2 centuries. This is important from a "we want to preserve our race" perspective. The current residents of the USA came from "other" places, and formed a "melting pot" of cultureless mercenaries.

Second, people in the usa had a very strong sense of self, and they certainly were not self loathing.

Yes, in movies, the "Americans" have a sense of self and they love America. Real history is another animal. Horribly deprived white trash killing entire nations for corrupt criminal businessmen... is what Hollywood frequently forgets to represent on the screen.

The social contract was democracy in exchange for conscription. The people believed they were sovereign so when they were fighting for the usa they were fighting for themselves.

And to a big extent, it was in fact true. When white Americans took land from native Americans, they did benefit both individually and as a people...

Wait, so you're saying that genocide can make everyone happy and fulfilled?

I can't wait for your next lie. Let me help you create it:

Does God approve of genocide and racial purity?
QatzelOk wrote:No, but it was composed of 150 different cultures and a hundred languages.... before Europeans arrived and committed muliple genocides over the course of 2 centuries. This is important from a "we want to preserve our race" perspective. The current residents of the USA came from "other" places, and formed a "melting pot" of cultureless mercenaries.

Yes, in movies, the "Americans" have a sense of self and they love America. Real history is another animal. Horribly deprived white trash killing entire nations for corrupt criminal businessmen... is what Hollywood frequently forgets to represent on the screen.

Wait, so you're saying that genocide can make everyone happy and fulfilled?

I can't wait for your next lie. Let me help you create it:

Does God approve of genocide and racial purity?

It is simply not true that the usa had no culture. You get a bunch of people together, culture just naturally happens.

Europeans gained a lot of land by conquering north America. It was good for them. I'm not saying that it made everyone happy...I dunno how happy it made the natives here.

God did not intervene on your behalf so I guess he was okay with it, if you think he exists.
FiveofSwords wrote:It is simply not true that the usa had no culture. You get a bunch of people together, culture just naturally happens.

Europeans gained a lot of land by conquering north America. It was good for them. I'm not saying that it made everyone happy...I dunno how happy it made the natives here.

God did not intervene on your behalf so I guess he was okay with it, if you think he exists.

There is no such thing as a human society that does not have a human culture. That does not exist.

Are you religious yes or no?
Tainari88 wrote:There is no such thing as a human society that does not have a human culture. That does not exist. ...

If a mad scientist gathers a hundred mice together, and then cages them seperately in front of screens which they are forced to react to for food and water... can you really call this "a culture?"

"My culture is I push a lever and I get food pellets."

The Skinner Box is the same type of Frankenstein science as "race science" is - and the resulting mouse lifestyle creates the same kind of "culture" that technology has created for most humans.
QatzelOk wrote:If a mad scientist gathers a hundred mice together, and then cages them seperately in front of screens which they are forced to react to for food and water... can you really call this "a culture?"

"My culture is I push a lever and I get food pellets."

The Skinner Box is the same type of Frankenstein science as "race science" is - and the resulting mouse lifestyle creates the same kind of "culture" that technology has created for most humans.

Mice?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just h[…]

The example I gave you is what kicked off the set[…]

No, I am simply accepting Darwin's Theory on Natu[…]

My grandmother was born in 1932. She's around and […]